Aftermarkt roof mount tv no worky??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So when I bought the truck the origional owner (I'm the 3rd) installed an aftermarket roof mount tv unit. I was told by the guy I bought it from that it never worked for him. So I took it down and scrapped it. Bought a slimmer/bigger tv and installed, however it no worky.

So I'm starting with, what I hope is a blown fuse. Is there a seperate panel for the interior lights or is it part of the panel in the engine bay? Just crossing my fingers that I don't have to rewire. :(

Never mind. Found the panels. Helps to do some research before posting questions. Who knew!

Curious what DVD you put in. I'm also in an 06 LX with a blown aftermarket from the PO. Debating adding a HDPE sheet to cover the hole, or to get a new DVD.

Curious what DVD you put in. I'm also in an 06 LX with a blown aftermarket from the PO. Debating adding a HDPE sheet to cover the hole, or to get a new DVD.

I went with this one

Amazon product ASIN B07MZGBR2R
My kids are almost out of high school so it won't get used much and I figured $180 to cover the hole and video player when I'm out car camping was a good solution. I didn't want to go to the expense of a new headliner. I liked it because of the really thin form factor. It doesn't have a dedicated DVD player but has hdmi and usb connection. So you could add an external one or connect a gaming system.

Still can't get the thing to power up. Not sure what the issue is but I'll dig into it this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom