Roof rack mounting hardware part number? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Tried to take my roof rack off my 2000 Cruiser to clean the channels and a bunch of the hardware is rusted.

Anyone know the part number for replacement bolts? Or can you recommend what you substituted from the local hardware store?

I found a possible part number but not sure if it is the correct one.

IMG_2464.JPG
roof bolt.png

actually none of those threads had the part I was looking for. The one had the same part number that I had found, but like the post by user leej my bolts are different looking.

Anyone know that part for bolts/plastic housing like in leej post?

The hex head bolts are what's in place in the unused points, they should be able to be used where the torx bolts are since it appears those aren't available. The racks were post installed, so not something Toyota had in their parts systems it sounds like.

That’s a pity. I got the same problem.
The pro on the stock bolts is that PTFE sleeve around: it’s a bit longer than the shoulder of the bolt and when bolting in it seals on the perimeter towards the towers. The caps and tower don’t seal if off properly and water in the tower can than possible leak into the column and (on the driver side) might flow all the way down over the fuse box into the footwell.

Found it out when I had the rack removed and cleaned/ rinsed the channel out 😂

So if not available I only see two options:
1. Junk yard (which might just show the same crap)
2. DIY solution with sealant…

Let’s see…

Tried to take my roof rack off my 2000 Cruiser to clean the channels and a bunch of the hardware is rusted.

Anyone know the part number for replacement bolts? Or can you recommend what you substituted from the local hardware store?

I found a possible part number but not sure if it is the correct one.

View attachment 3531021
I just pulled the rack off my 2004. They were hex bolts, not Torx, and I'm fairly certain they were M8-1.25 and were 45mm long with about 12mm of thread on the end.

This is my „bolt“/ screw.

I stopped by Toyota today, no way for them to order as Trunk Monkey mentioned already.
They pointed me to a guy buying older Toyotas. I stop by tomorrow and see what he can do.

If not I‘ll ask a friend in Europa with access to a big machine park to build some :)

Edit: and these are all torx

IMG_7219.jpeg

just coming back from a Toyota only "junk yard/ builder/ I do everything". He had a 100 series rack laying around, pulled the plastic cap and gave me 3 perfectly fine non corroded bolts for $20 :)

For those in the Bay Area, CA: Toy Connection very close to the San Jose Airport

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom