Aftermarket seats in a FJ40 (1 Viewer)

Can anyone recomend an aftermarket seat that works well in an FJ40 that bolts in SOMEWHAT easy, and has working seat tracks and such.
I am trying to compare cost of rebuilding the seats of a 78 FJ40 (they need foam AND covers) to just bolting in some junk yard bucket seats for now that look ok and are functional..

I have searched the forums, and havent seen anything that jumped out at me. Thanks!

mmw68

CruiserCrap.com - pimping crap for your cruiser!
Supporting Vendor

I just installed some Scat pro car seats. I got them from summit racing, and bought the seat brackets as well. The seat brackets/sliders attaches directly to the FJ40 OEM seat mounts. It was a :wrench: job.

The only thing I don't like is that I sit up about a inch higher, but they sure are comfortable! :)

I put some Jeep TJ seats in mine. If you own a welder and a grinder, grab some scrap steel and make some brackets. TJ seats are pretty comfy for the price, I picked mine up for $100.

'97 and up should all be the same. The later ones may be different, I would say '97-'03 would work.

Here are some pics of the bracket I made (sorry don't have any pictures of the seats):
IMG_1073.JPG
IMG_1077.JPG
IMG_1078.JPG

Sure am. They unbolt from the stock bracket (4 studs). I ended up cutting off one stud on each seat, the rear most, because it was keeping the rear of my seat track from tightening down to the bracket.

i just did some heated audi seats for a guy ,with a little cutting they welded to the stock sliders and bolted right in and are heated .plus i have leather blazer s10 seats in my wifes 69, forerunner buckets in my other 69 and van seats in my mud truck .there is probably many seats that will fit with a little work good luck

Slide and flip seats out of a early 90's honda accord go in pretty well. Tack weld the honda rails to the stock FJ mounts. Got them from a junk yard in great condition for $90.

bmorefj40

SILVER Star

MMW68- where did you get that carpet kit??? looks great. how much if you don't mind me asking.

highjack over...

Aftermarket Seat Mounting

Here is another option, this is a kit for those of you with a welder or a buddy with one. $175.00 plus actual shipping cost.

These seats are from Kragen, about $100.00 ea. new.

PM me if interested, PayPay accepted.
IMG_0175.jpg
PB221068.jpg
IMG_0181.jpg

Last edited:

RWBeringer4x4

Mechanically Challenged
SILVER Star

In installed Scat ProCar 90’s. Similar to the first response but without the side bolstering. You can order an adapter mount that bolts right up to the stock seat mounts. They even look pretty similar to the stock seats. I’ve been happy with them so far. The adapter bracket isn’t great - basically just painted angle iron. Took a bit of clamping/modifying to get to work but the seats are great.

DDD1E2C0-E93D-4A01-BA48-6DE032D40D48.jpeg

4ED9E5BC-3766-4631-AF41-60F65868BF93.jpeg

Last edited:

I know this an old thread and it was a long time ago mmw68 commented on his seats and also I don't want to highjack this thead, I noticed the carpet kit his his (mmw68) and I am looking for a carpet and his looked pretty good. So, mmw68, if your still on this sight or if anyone knows what kit he had, please let me know. Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom