Aftermarket fuel injection issues! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello to all!
I’m new to the Landcruiser family and very happy to be a part of it. I was super fortunate to stumble on a ‘85 about six months ago that is in amazing condition and well loved/taken care of. The owner (second owner) had it for about 20 years and ended up putting a fair amount of work and money in to it. The original engine was fully rebuilt about 7000 miles ago. He installed a Toyota 5 sp tranny and he also added a fuel injection kit from Performance Fuel Injection, a classic GM 4.3 TBI system. Which leads me to my issue…the other day I noticed a leak in one of the hoses between the inline fuel pump and the inlet on the manifold. I picked up some new fuel line of the correct diameter and swapped it out, no big deal right? Now it won’t start…there’s voltage going to the pump and there’s fuel pressure to the manifold but the injectors aren’t seeming to be spraying fuel. Everything looks fine but I’m clearly missing something and I’m sure it’s probably simple/stupid…does anyone have any thoughts or experience with this kind of issue?
Thanks in advance!!
Garth

6E860351-49DE-4C88-B094-7FFC4334638A.jpeg

Thank you Seth…I did actually look for them but for some reason I came up empty handed…I’ll definitely do some research on their site

Love that color. Original? Great lookin rig! Welcome to the insanity
Hello to all!
I’m new to the Landcruiser family and very happy to be a part of it. I was super fortunate to stumble on a ‘85 about six months ago that is in amazing condition and well loved/taken care of. The owner (second owner) had it for about 20 years and ended up putting a fair amount of work and money in to it. The original engine was fully rebuilt about 7000 miles ago. He installed a Toyota 5 sp tranny and he also added a fuel injection kit from Performance Fuel Injection, a classic GM 4.3 TBI system. Which leads me to my issue…the other day I noticed a leak in one of the hoses between the inline fuel pump and the inlet on the manifold. I picked up some new fuel line of the correct diameter and swapped it out, no big deal right? Now it won’t start…there’s voltage going to the pump and there’s fuel pressure to the manifold but the injectors aren’t seeming to be spraying fuel. Everything looks fine but I’m clearly missing something and I’m sure it’s probably simple/stupid…does anyone have any thoughts or experience with this kind of issue?
Thanks in advance!!
Garth

View attachment 2698938
Love that color. Original? Great lookin rig! Welcome to the insanity

The injectors on that setup are fired by the distributor. The ECU gets a signal from the distributor then allows the injectors to pulse. I used to run a TBI System for about 15 years and experienced quite a few issues over that time. I had a lot of issues with the magnetic pickup in the distributor getting chewed up by the reluctor ring. What distributor are you running?

Thanks for the welcome, insanity for sure! That is the original color however it has been repainted.
The coil, cap, rotor and module were all just replaced in the last month although I don’t know the brand off the top of my head. She drove great just about two weeks ago before I decided to swap out those couple of hoses. I have figured out that the pump is fine and circulating fuel at the desired pressure, about 14 psi, and just for the heck of it, I replaced the injectors. I’m going to give it one more shot this weekend before sending it off to the repair place and see if they can sort it out. 🤷🏽

Thanks for the welcome! Insanity it most definitely is, glad to be part of it!
The coil, cap, rotor and module were all replaced about a month ago and she was running great right before I decided to change out a leaky fuel line with a crack in it. I’m actually not sure of the brand. Aside from changing out a couple of other dried out vacuum lines, I didn’t do anything else to it. I have figured out what isn’t wrong…the fuel pump is fine and the pressure is good, gas is circulating through the lines. I went ahead and swapped out the injectors for new ones, the ones that were in there were not matched so why not…I’m going to check the resistance on the tps today and see if that’s working properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom