Affordable Overland stuff - tent, awning, etc (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

alia176

SILVER Star
Threads
Oztent knock off for a lot less Welcome to Overland Pros - Overland Pros

1581009614824.png

1581009656683.png

1581010004507.png

Last edited:
Comes with free Coronavirus?

That's only if you eat the complimentary Bat Soup mix (just add water!)

Ali, cool company. Any idea on quality? I'm eyeballing the 23 Zero Walkabout with light blocking fabric, but it's a pretty penny.

That's only if you eat the complimentary Bat Soup mix (just add water!)

Ali, cool company. Any idea on quality? I'm eyeballing the 23 Zero Walkabout with light blocking fabric, but it's a pretty penny.

Quality is not mutually exclusive with less costly price point, unfortunately. But, when you think about it, most of these things are coming from China so if it looks similar to a high $$$$ unit, chances are it'll be similar in quality. But for $425 for a 270deg awning, it's almost worth taking the gamble. If you don't like it, lots of locals would love to buy it from you.

Quality is not mutually exclusive with less costly price point, unfortunately. But, when you think about it, most of these things are coming from China so if it looks similar to a high $$$$ unit, chances are it'll be similar in quality. But for $425 for a 270deg awning, it's almost worth taking the gamble. If you don't like it, lots of locals would love to buy it from you.

Good point. They seem to be a small business I could get behind at an entry price point. Thanks for sharing.

Dometic is having a clearance on their fridges

1582753461167.png

After multiple Baja trips making comments about having to stop for ice, I borrowed Mikie's Engel. I don't think the truck was unpacked before I ordered my own. I can't imagine doing what I do without it.

The only thing I've seen from the HDC members who own fridges, is that the current draw for the "non engel" fridges with the Danfoss compressors, tend to be tad high. Engel uses a swing style compressor which, I guess, is more energy efficient than the Danfoss compressors. Just something to consider.

The only thing I've seen from the HDC members who own fridges, is that the current draw for the "non engel" fridges with the Danfoss compressors, tend to be tad high. Engel uses a swing style compressor which, I guess, is more energy efficient than the Danfoss compressors. Just something to consider.
I agree. I've owned an Engel 35, and currently own an ARB 50. The ARB pulls the battery down faster than the Engel did. But, the ARB is better insulated and doesn't seem to cycle as much. Plus, the ARB seems to get colder than the Engel.

Edit:
I seem to recall my Engel 35 pulled around 2A. The ARB 50 is rated at 5.1A.

As I understand it, you gotta have an aftermarket roof rack on your truck for an awning like this, yeah?

Negative ghost Rider!! Pappy and I are using our Thule and Yakima load bars for our Batwing awnings.

Last edited:
I wonder if the 2500 wall set will work with the 270 Batwing awning

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom