Advice Wanted, where to find a decent 06-07? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just wondering if anyone has advice on finding a decent LC or LX from these years (mostly trying to get the 100 with improved engine and rear airbags or more affordable 200) in the VA area. I have watched the for sale thread here since last summer, as well as scouring Craigslist, Autotrader, Cargurus etc. Seems tough to find one that doesnt have rust problems, accidents, or modified. If they pop up they don't last long, or are across the country and would have to buy sight unseen. Dealerships listing at the online sites often will text undercarriage pics or more info but almost always seem in rough condition.

I see these on the road everywhere throughout VA, and wish there was an easy way to find private party sales other than generic wanted ads on here or CL.

Any advice much appreciated!

I seem to find better deals in Facebook marketplace than anywhere else now. Last week I purchased a private two owner, 2006 LX470 with 258k miles that is extremely clean and rust free that was serviced it’s entire life at Charles Baker With an incredible maintenance/service history up in Williamsburg for $7k. The deals are out there, but when you see them you have to be ready to jump because they don’t last long. I have seen more deals up that way than anywhere else.

Thanks, that is really helpful information-will start watching FB a bit closer. Congrats on your purchase!

I found that most VA rigs had lived life in the north and had rust when I was trying to make a purchase. .. if you're willing to drive, extend your range search on cars.com to 500miles. I drove out to Ohio for 2 seperate 200s that were a bit more than an 06-07 100 series and they had lived their life in southern states so didn't have any rust.

I was initially looking for the same year 100s as you and ended up paying a small bit more for a 200 with same mileage

Great info thanks to you both. I have been looking farther out but no luck yet. I seem to see 2008-2010 200’s more in the 28-34 range versus the 12-20 for the 100. But I would be happy with either if clean and smoke/accident free!

Thanks again

Great info thanks to you both. I have been looking farther out but no luck yet. I seem to see 2008-2010 200’s more in the 28-34 range versus the 12-20 for the 100. But I would be happy with either if clean and smoke/accident free!

Thanks again

28-34 is pretty high for an 08-10. They go for around 22-23k at auction with around 150k+ miles

Dumb question, but how do you find auctions? I have seen the "bringatrailer" site but assume you mean something else?

I purchased an 09 200 for $22,300 from a shady dealer in Manassas area. It had 167k miles at time of purchase. It was a CA and AZ truck so absolutely no rust, but the paint is not in great shape. Anyone know a good and reasonable paint shop?

My only advice is to have patience and be ready to strike when you find the right one. If I'd followed this, I probably would have held out for one without paint issues.

I'm referring to dealer auction price. Unless you have a dealer license you won't be able to view these auctions. (Have family in the business) however they did not help me find my 200. I just stayed patient and used that knowledge to my advantage when trying to make a deal and seeing that the LC had been on the lot for a long time.

Just for reference I found mine in CA, it had spent its entire life in TX and made it to CA through a dealer auction and I bought it from that dealership. 08 with 164k for 23.7k

Depending on what color your looking at will also affect your price... gold and red are less desirable and there for go for cheaper.

I purchased an 09 200 for $22,300 from a shady dealer in Manassas area. It had 167k miles at time of purchase. It was a CA and AZ truck so absolutely no rust, but the paint is not in great shape. Anyone know a good and reasonable paint shop?

My only advice is to have patience and be ready to strike when you find the right one. If I'd followed this, I probably would have held out for one without paint issues.

I know a shop in Manassas that has very reasonable price, his work is good. If you're picky you will see flaws in where they could've done a better job. But he's painted body parts for our cars that had damage and it's good enough

......literally brought the guy a briefcase of cash. Be patient and willing to fly and drive and wait for the right rig (west or south).
^^^Every aspect of this. Have the cash ready. Know how to find the signs of problems you don't want with the vehicle. Use Carfax or Lexus search to find geographic history. Act fast. The last 3 I bought, I was either the first one to make contact OR I was the first one to show up with money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom