For Sale Adel IA, 73 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Mileage
Color
red
Outside Link
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/692415312835832/
Not mine, but here you go... There's some history on it if that helps.

I nearly bought it for $7K from another gentleman in IA and the frame along with it that needed swapped. I should have done it, but I didn't. That's a mistake on my part. He swaps the frame and tries to sell it with that same bent from bumper for $13K. It didn't sell and now it has a fresh bit of paint and plenty of undercoating to cover up the nasties... And you guessed it, it's doubled again to $29.5K. His description:

"1973 Land Cruiser. Runs like a top, starts extremely fast and easy. Holley carb, KW struts, brand new paint job and rust repair work. Completely rust free! The paint has beautiful metallic that didn’t come through with the lighting. Seats in rough shape, but have leather and materials to reupholster them to better-than-new condition. I may get around to that before we sell, but if I do price will go up slightly (probably to 31-32 with it being a 95% show truck after seats). PM me if interested. Shoot me offers, but I’m pretty firm on price."

Take a good look at the "hood up" pic and the shot of the front end looking up. Everything appears to be taped off and a poor job at that... "95% showtruck" is 95% BS...

I understand this is a free market and people will pay what they wish to pay and buy what they wish to buy, but after speaking with the prior owner, we both agreed this vehicle has been continually misrepresented, so please look at it thoroughly.

I resisted posting on this vehicle and seller for months, but if we can't be part of a community that approaches each interaction with an ethical foundation, then why bother, right? If this commentary from me is inappropriate I can edit or remove it. Just be careful folks...

This is my truck, and no hard feelings about any of this. The job included completely cutting all rust out and using whatever original metal I had from my other trucks. The bottom was completely cleaned before painting as well, I have not been misrepresenting the truck. I cannot understand how a history of poor care from prior owners and then my care to cosmetically restoring this truck has made it untouchable "with a 10 foot pole." I admit 29.5 was ambitious, but that is what the market in my area is like currently, and for worse 40s. I have lowered the price to 24.5 and if I get around to some more of the minor work when I return from college the price will reflect that work. I apologize not everybody is doing a $100,000 restoration and selling the truck for $20,000, but I am not representing it as such. This truck very well could be a show truck with a little more work. I'm trying to market and sell a truck, but I am not hiding anything I know about it or its history.

Relisted on FB with a $7K price drop:

I’m not doing anybody any harm dude. I’m transparent with the truck and acknowledged the issues, I’m just trying to follow the market. A lot of trucks were listed higher than mine in worse condition, so I’m just lowering it to sell it faster because I’m in college and need some money. I understand you’re not happy you didn’t get the truck for the price you wanted, but you don’t have to be rude about it.
Relisted on FB with a $7K price drop:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom