ABS VSC TRAC warning buzzer after suspension work (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After hours of searching and trying to diagnosis this myself, I'm about to give up, but I could use some help first.

Yesterday I got the ABS, TRAC OFF, VSC OFF warning lights and constant buzzer when I started it up. This was shortly after I replaced a bunch of suspension parts (two short drives and about 24 hours later)

The timing of this is pretty strange to not be related to work I did. The only thing I can think of is that maybe I pinched/shorted an ABS sensor or put too much tension on them while changing the rear springs. That seems a lot more likely than the ABS motor going out at the same time, but I guess it's possible. It does seem weird though that I might have damaged an ABS sensor without triggering a specific code for it.

Codes:
• C1223 - ABS Control System Malfunction
• C1251 - Pump Motor is Locked/Open Circuit

Things I've checked so far:
• ABS sensors with a multimeter. They all seem to be within spec.
• There's no obvious visible damage to any of the sensor wires.
• Ran Techstream while driving to check if they were accurately reading the wheel speed. All looks good.
• Cleared codes and carefully drove around for a bit. Started and stopped a few times. A few hours later the warning lights and buzzer came back when I started it up.

Parts changed:
- Front lower control arms
- Front upper controls arms
- Rear springs

TLDR; I guess my main question is if it's possible for a damaged wheel ABS sensor to cause C1251? It feels like I could be chasing something that's not even possible. Thanks.

C1251 has nothing to do with the wheel sensor. C1251 with light buzzer most likely motor. Apply 12V and ground to test the motor and see if it works. If it does you have an open circuit. If it doesn't your motor is bad.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom