About to buy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All,

Sorry if this is a dumb question - I'm new here! I'm about to go purchase my first FJ40 later today. I have tons of pictures and by all indications that I can see, it's a US Spec 40 (side markers, heater, dash pads, speedo MPH, etc.). Does anyone see any indication that this is NOT a US Spec FJ40?

IMG_3596.JPG

IMG_3598.JPG

IMG_3605.JPG

IMG_3604.JPG

IMG_3600.JPG

Looks like a USA spec. Nice 40, It seems to be pretty complete. Good luck with the purchase. I'm guessing, about a 72?

Nice. Love the seat covers haha.
Welcome to the club.
Looks like your temperature sender wire is shorted to ground?

Nice. Love the seat covers haha.
Welcome to the club.
Looks like your temperature sender wire is shorted to ground?
Those seat covers are definitely on the short list to be replaced should I go through with the purchase! I'll have to double check the temperature sender - thanks for pointing that out.

Those seat covers are definitely on the short list to be replaced should I go through with the purchase! I'll have to double check the temperature sender - thanks for pointing that out.

GLWS, Don't be a stranger. There's a lot of good info and folks here.

The temperature and fuel gauges share an internal voltage regulator which is a common fault, but it's unusual to see temp stuck at the top while fuel shows empty.
Check if the tank is actually empty - there might be a little job waiting there for you somewhere.

On earlier rigs the temp gauge sits on H and the fuel gauge on E when ignition off. Maybe different with a ‘72.

Well, I did it! I made a 9 hour round trip down to pick it up yesterday afternoon. Got it in the garage late last night and I can’t wait to get to know it better!
Congratulations! Nobody here expected a different result, I’m sure. They are such cool vehicles that economic sense often flies out the window when you go see em. When it returns with a vengeance post purchase, just remember it’s still the coolest vehicle on the block by a huge margin!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom