A442F OBD1 Code 62 ????? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a intermittent problem with my tranny.....sometimes when I stop the Cruiser does not shift back to 1st gear and I need to pull away in 2nd....it never used to do this and I have not used it for about a month, now all of a sudden it started doing this.
I checked the fault codes this morning "paperclip" method and got a code 62 I can not find any reference to a code 62 on the net..."maybe I'm not searching hard enough" I suspect that it might be the Throttle Position Sensor.
But code 62???????????

What year is this? If it is a '93 or '94 with the A442F (or, some early '95s), the problem more than likely is the shift solenoids. Check your drivers side door sticker for the transmission type.

Here is my thread on the issue. Within the thread is a link to another thread where the same issue was present, same resolve.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/351009-1993-fzj80-transmission-slips-forward-gears.html

I bought mine from cruiserdan (85420-60050 x2), ~$145/ea. ($195 list) and the problem instantly went away.

I tried desperately to buy these somewhere else for a better price, but was hard-pressed to find anything new or aftermarket that was worth my time and money. In other words, I recommend CDan.

Edit: It is early, and I was not paying attention to the A442F mentioned in the title, so disregard the first question.

Last edited:
I have a intermittent problem with my tranny.....sometimes when I stop the Cruiser does not shift back to 1st gear and I need to pull away in 2nd....it never used to do this and I have not used it for about a month, now all of a sudden it started doing this.
I checked the fault codes this morning "paperclip" method and got a code 62 I can not find any reference to a code 62 on the net..."maybe I'm not searching hard enough" I suspect that it might be the Throttle Position Sensor.
But code 62???????????

^This. I got mine from the same place. See below. Just fixed this on my trans at 256k mi. I changed them all (there's 4) since they're so cheap. Good time to do the filter too. You'll need about 7-8 qts of fluid, you lose a bit more than when you just change the fluid.

trans codes.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom