a440f in fj40 ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok guy i have a 73 fj40 with 350 chevy 350 auto to lc tcase .i want to take out this set up and install toyota 6 six carbed with header and downey cam torque of course and mate it to a freshly rebuilt a440f that is still my my buddys fj62.

Now my ? is has any body done this and if so is the trans electronic or does it just work off tps. ? any help on this matter would be nice >

IF you're going to anything like that, consider putting the 3FE in as well. there are a few threads around here. One guy actually tried to put this setup into his FJ40 and it was too long. So they wound up putting in a SBC instead.

That said, why do you want to take the 350 out? You might be time and money ahead just to sell the truck and buy an FJ40 with stock motor.

Yes , it would be too long for the 40,
I have got one in my HJ6.
a440f.jpg

cHECK my build in my sig line. I have a pic of a 3fe/a440 combo slung over my bare frame. You can get an idea of how long it is. It is loooooong. Page 1, maybe 2. The 3fe is in the same location as the f would have been.

**edit** I'll make it easy:

DSCF6724.jpg

DSCF6725.jpg
DSCF6724.jpg
DSCF6725.jpg

Last edited:
now is it electronic ??? and why is it tooooooooooo long the sb an 350 trans,,,and the drive shaft is only 19 in flange > flange now ....... just kicking this around

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom