A/T Tires - Please Post Picks **275/65/18 & 275/70/18** (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

For some reason your picture isn't showing? Appreciate you posting!

IMAG0768.jpg

This work?

Yes Sir, thank you!

Wacky question, do the KO2's hold tire shine? Some off-road tires don't hold it well..., figured I'd ask as I enjoy keeping my trucks clean.

The shiny tires thing comes up occasionally on most 4x4 forums. It's not supposed to be cool to care what your tires look like. I don't drive a piece of $#& beater Nissan pickup, so I want it to look good. That said, I do NOT like goopy, slimy shiny tires.

This is a BFG (on my CJ) in its natural state - the state that is supposed to be cool...
DSC_0664-1.jpg

I think ^that^ looks like s***. It's brand new, washed and not treated. Grey = dry. Brown = UV chemical from factory

For any of my cars/trucks, the tires get cleaned, then treated with a low-gloss tire "shine" - best are water-based formulas that can
be cut to further reduce the shine - then wiped to even out and eliminate any of the shiny
DSC_0101-1.jpg

The BFGs are - for the most part - like any other tire, with regard to how well or poorly they take/hold tire treatment. Every once in a while, you'll find a BFG (probably any brand) that seems to go to grey/brown much faster than the other tires. There's an anti-UV chemical that causes that. Supposedly it will go away with time. I'm fighting that on one of my new KOs. It just looks dirty faster than the others. If it persists, I'll have it swapped under the warranty. Discount Tire is good like that.

This is how my uncool treated tires look on the 100...
IMG_7922.jpg

Scuba Jon what color plastidip is that and did you spray them before or after the tires were mounted?
Got my Anthracite Grey in the garage next to 18" Tundra rims but still need to purchase the KO2 shoes to complete the package.

Sent from my SM-T530NU

275/70r18 st maxx. To the OP, I know this model isn't one that you mentioned considering but you might want to do some research on it. It is a GREAT tire.

View attachment 1184769View attachment 1184770View attachment 1184772

Sent from my HTCONE

I'm considering this tire as well as the BFG AT KO2. Have you driven in snow yet? If so, how did they do? Would you sipe them? I ran Cooper STs, siped, on my 80 and early on the 100 and they were great for traction, but very loud. How is the noise on the Maxx too?

I'm considering this tire as well as the BFG AT KO2. Have you driven in snow yet? If so, how did they do? Would you sipe them? I ran Cooper STs, siped, on my 80 and early on the 100 and they were great for traction, but very loud. How is the noise on the Maxx too?
No sir I haven't had them in snow. I live in south central Tx so I doubt I'll be able to provide that feedback. I consider them quiet for an aggressive AT. They are quieter than the well worn KOs that they replaced. Off-road traction on rocks is excellent. Lots of rain lately and no hydroplaning. [emoji6]

Sent from my HTCONE

Fresh from Discount tires 5 new 275/70 r18. out the door 1130 with a price match from 4wd.com

I am pissed about the weights on the outside but what can you do it was done before I came back in to pick them up :( Replaced my discoverer 265 75r16 on stock plasti dip rims. The ride home was way quieter than my warn Discoverer atp's

OME springs in the back cranked stock Tbars. 22" from fender to center of hub in the rear 21" fender to hub center in the front. Or it was but right now there are also the 5 other tires in the back smashing it down a bit lol,

lc2.jpg

lc.jpg
I wouldn't be too upset about the balance weights being on the outside. You can tell if you lose them and it makes your LC look like a real truck ;) I like your wheels too ! where did you buy them and how much did they cost ?

Its Dupli-color graphite color rim paint. Like 7 bucks a can at chain auto parts stores. They also make a gun metal/graphite body color too its not the same. I sand blasted <I have a large drive in booth at work> all 5 rims to metal put on 3 layers of primer then used a total of 2 cans of the duplicolor well I have about 1/2 a can left for touch ups. I did only use the duplicolor on the faces so if you do all of the rim it will take several cans more. I primed the full rims to keep rust off the bare steel.

I got the rims off ebay for $25 bucks each buying all 5 + shipping. they are the stock 07 tundra steel rims. The seller had rattle caned silver over the scratched up black so they did need work.

If I had the rims with no tires on them and I knew what color I wanted them I would paint them over plastidip. I had used black plastidip on the stock 16" rims I took off it was nice for a while but I had issues with it peeling around where the lug nuts go might be from using an impact wrench to remove the nuts. And it was a pain to try and cover it up again with respraying. With paint sand it smooth where the chip is and re touch up the paint. I did not use a top coat on them so I can touch them up easy.

Scuba Jon what color plastidip is that and did you spray them before or after the tires were mounted?
Got my Anthracite Grey in the garage next to 18" Tundra rims but still need to purchase the KO2 shoes to complete the package.

My LC does look like a well used trail rig with all the hail damage on the roof hood and sides. I purchased it cheep because of that knowing I was going to use it. But most people dont even notice the damage, till I point it out.

Sent from my SM-T530NU

I wouldn't be too upset about the balance weights being on the outside. You can tell if you lose them and it makes your LC look like a real truck ;) I like your wheels too ! where did you buy them and how much did they cost ?

Here are so Picts of ltx at2s from Michelin. Not the best pictures.

I love them. Best wearing tire I have ever had.

275 70 18s

They are great in snow. I do have one of the alternative tread patterns. It will thrown some gravel at times on dirt roads but I will buy again.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Yes but consider..

-The built in trailer hitch option on the lx may be limited space

I have this problem with my '04 LX. I can fit the 275/70/18 Cooper ATP but not the ball hitch at the same time.

Similar to ChuckB, I noticed that my panhard is getting rubbed raw with my 275 70R18 Duratrack spare because the hitch pushes it forward. I am not sure how I will "fix" this one.

image.jpeg
275/70R18 Michelin LTX A/T2's on my stock non-ahc truck. Daily driver with a couple of trips a year to the NM mountains and the once a year ice/ snow storm in Dallas. Nice, quiet and smooth.

The spare fits underneath with no mods.

IMG_0756.JPG

275/70/18 no lift, but tbar crank. I'll be running the same wheels as ScubaJon by tomrrow.

Fresh from Discount tires 5 new 275/70 r18. out the door 1130 with a price match from 4wd.com

I am pissed about the weights on the outside but what can you do it was done before I came back in to pick them up :( Replaced my discoverer 265 75r16 on stock plasti dip rims. The ride home was way quieter than my warn Discoverer atp's

OME springs in the back cranked stock Tbars. 22" from fender to center of hub in the rear 21" fender to hub center in the front. Or it was but right now there are also the 5 other tires in the back smashing it down a bit lol,

lc2.jpg

lc.jpg

I've got the 275/70/18 KO2s on my stock LX and they are pretty great even in the snow. I also fit the same size tire underneath without any issues with my *presumably* OEM hitch. Once I get the tire raised halfway into the spare area I give it a tap with my foot to get it centered in the space. I've changed and rotated tires a few times and have never had or seen an issue with it.

H7tEBgs.jpg

I don't notice that it stick down super far or anything but I also haven't ever really looked. I went through my pics to see if I could find any that show how low it sits. Other than the one above that show it being pretty flush with the bottom of the hitch this is from the side...

S8gVGuu.jpg

As long as it does not extend below the hitch, you are fine. I know that my spare Duratrack of the same size does not get bumped, but my hitch does periodically, upon rotation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom