295/70/18 on OME 865s and Stock Shocks? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Yep. Another “Will it fit?” Thread.

I currently have newer stock shocks and OME 865 coils. 1 inch wheel spacers. I will need new tires soon, and I would really like to use 295/70/18s if they will fit and actually be functional off road.

I know I will need to smash the pinch weld and modify the fender liner, as well as possibly the washer reservoir. Yes, I know I should probably be looking at 275/70/18, but love the look of 295s if they can be functional with my setup. I am not going to utilize the stock spare location.

Has anyone run a setup like this successfully?
If so, did you need aftermarket UCAs or extended bump stops? Did you have to eliminate all rake to fit the front tires?

Is this a pipe dream?
Thanks for any help you can offer, and for tolerating the ignorance.

IMG_2013.jpeg

Last edited:
Additional Info:
- I am not going to be rock crawling. Imogene level trails +\- is my style of wheeling.

- Current tires are 265/70/18 SL

- planning to stick with Falken Wildpeak AT3W. 295s are listed at 34.3” diameter

- Is my lift essentially the same as running AHC in High without a sensor lift?

Thanks again

Last edited:
295/70/18s generally fit most applications with the mods you describe.
The lift of a suspension doesn't affect tire fitment, it just changes where the travel starts.
I have that size tire with +25 wheels and 555 UCAs, and just did the pinch weld etc.

20231129_120228.jpg

Thanks very much for your reply. What suspension setup are you running? Do you have any rubbing on or off road? Thanks again
It's OME torsion bars and extra heavy OME rear springs (864). It doesn't rub the fender frame or suspension when flexed, but it took several times
20230312_162633.jpg
with the heat gun to get the fender liner over the pinch weld area flat enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom