A Dash Noise - Help me identify (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Sooo… little noises bug me, but this is a step above a little noise, you can hear it over the A/C. I need to figure this one out, any thoughts, it sounds like a little Motor or gear mechanism is struggling behind the cd console.

2016 LX570, just got the 115k service a few weeks back.

It won’t let me post videos, does anyone know if we can post videos another way?

Figured it out, problem solved. The Amp for the sound system is under the drivers seat, a piece of gum wrapper (thin piece of paper) worked it’s way in there and was messing with the fan. Was able to stick my arm under the seat and fish it out.

Figured it out, problem solved. The Amp for the sound system is under the drivers seat, a piece of gum wrapper (thin piece of paper) worked it’s way in there and was messing with the fan. Was able to stick my arm under the seat and fish it out.
I would advise getting in there with a shop vac and cleaning things out a bit to keep that fan and amp nice and fresh.

Either way nice job figuring it out.

Yep, I've had that noise for 2 years and only a couple weeks ago realized it's actually coming from under the seat. Haven't pulled the seat up to investigate further, but I'll get at it soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom