A/C not working display error (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone my 2002 Land Cruiser is giving me a “check the connection of air conditioner” error on the display and the air conditioner is not working, I have attached a video of the start up, radio works but it is aftermarket, just nothing on the display works. It was working fine, left for a trip came back to it after it had been sitting for 4 days now it won’t work. I looked at fuses I could think of and disconnected the battery for a minute, still no luck.

(First person to help will get a hand signed thank you note sent to whatever address you want.)

I had a similar problem on my 2004 Lexus LS430, which has a very similar integrated a/c / radio / nav controls in the display. It turned out to be the display itself, i bought a used one off ebay (it was around 400-500) and that solved my issue. It turns out that there are solder joints in the unit that deteriatore over time, and lose connection. There are companies (Tanin Electronics is the one i know of) that rebuild / repair them, but the cost of that was more than just buying a used unit. that was over 2 years ago, and the problem hasn't returned on my LS430.

My issue was intermittent, which pointed to the bad solder joints. It would work about 20-30% of the time.

Search for "check the connection of air conditioner" in this forum and you'll find lots of threads. Although, I've never seen your configuration with a nav screen and a aftermarket radio below. I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

I can give you what I remember as possible culprits:
  • you have the bad solder joint in the rear of the nav screen unit
  • the nav CD unit under the seat crapped out (this fixed mine, ordered a new unit on ebay)
  • Gateway ECU is toast.

Update, this morning I got up and went to check it again, car turned over and the screen immediately started working again and the AC works fine now. I’m assuming the display must be going out, so weird.

Search for "check the connection of air conditioner" in this forum and you'll find lots of threads. Although, I've never seen your configuration with a nav screen and a aftermarket radio below. I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

I can give you what I remember as possible culprits:
  • you have the bad solder joint in the rear of the nav screen unit
  • the nav CD unit under the seat crapped out (this fixed mine, ordered a new unit on ebay)
  • Gateway ECU is toast.
Awesome thanks for the info, the ac just randomly started working for me. I decided to pull out the navigation reader under the seat. It didn’t have a disc inside so I ordered a new one. I did noticed that one of the connections didn’t have anything connected do you remember if you were missing that connection too?
IMG_3399.jpeg

I dont remember but I'm almost certain something should be plugged in there. I'll see if I can get eyes on it next time I drive.

I dont remember but I'm almost certain something should be plugged in there. I'll see if I can get eyes on it next time I drive.
The more I’m researching the more I think that it’s possible that a factory amp sits down there and was bypassed by the last owner because there is no amp where there should be an amp. If you get a chance could you see if that connection goes to an amp? You would be a life saver

it’s pretty hard to get to without taking some stuff out. I did look down there and it seems I have everything plugged in. But my model is slightly different since I have an 06 model. (Photo from an eBay listing below)

IMG_0954.png

it’s pretty hard to get to without taking some stuff out. I did look down there and it seems I have everything plugged in. But my model is slightly different since I have an 06 model. (Photo from an eBay listing below)

View attachment 3403401
Hmm very interesting thank you for taking the time I appreciate it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom