BaT A bit of BAT science fiction is reality (1 Viewer)

Bring-a-Trailer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Holy crow! I saw this car last week. It was being serviced and detailed. It was said to have been from an estate. I looked it over and would have offered up $ 9500.00. Man am I out of the loop. Check out the comments.

Yeah, but the problem is 200 prices are also on the way up!

Of course it’s kings chariot.
Yup. I could tell from the listing title and the tiny thumbnail that was going to be Kings Chariot. Is it a highly priced and ARB-d 100 series with a little too much tire shine and posted on craigslist? Then it's a Kings Chariot listing, haha.

I need to delete my ih8mud history and post mine on BaT.....

"Adult owned, never driven in the rain"
"Super rare Australian locked rear"

Makes me want to post my 98 LC Southern Cali Truck no rust rear lockers for sale with just over 7,200 miles on the odometer. I posted about 2 years ago
I even had my truck for sale $52,000 but people thought I was nuts at the time. Highest offer which I was almost pulled the trigger was for $45,000. Glad I still kept it.

The market is hot right now makes me list it on BAT Auction.

I do have if on offerup but that is such a crappy app. I do get entertaining offers of $4k-$15k hahaha

Last edited:
Yup. I could tell from the listing title and the tiny thumbnail that was going to be Kings Chariot. Is it a highly priced and ARB-d 100 series with a little too much tire shine and posted on craigslist? Then it's a Kings Chariot listing, haha.
Haha a baseline, 5k in basic mods, and lots of tireshine really gets a premium these days

Makes me want to post my 98 LC Southern Cali Truck no rust rear lockers for sale with just over 7,200 miles on the odometer. I posted about 2 years ago
I even had my truck for sale $52,000 but people thought I was nuts at the time. Highest offer which I was almost pulled the trigger was for $45,000. Glad I still kept it.

The market is hot right now makes me list it on BAT Auction.

I do have if on offerup but that is such a crappy app. I do get entertaining offers of $4k-$15k hahaha

Dude, is it clean with a clean carfax and history? post some pics, let's see this gem. That would be worth north of 70K on BAT for sure.

100 Diamond hands to the moon?

Nah man, i dumped GME and took a HUGE L, paperhanded that one. I still have positions in AMC and other meme stocks, 2000 shares each, bought the rip sold the dip lol. But i recovered most of that money when i hopped on to CCIV and GHVI, i YOLO'ed these two. If you see my 100 up for sale anytime soon, then you know something went south.

OK, I'll be the outlier. Is there anyone else that thinks the "bubble" may burst once (if?) we see gas prices north of $4.00 per gal again? I'm not talking about these "unicorn" rigs that are decades old and have no-thousand miles on them. I mean, the guy droppin sixty-grand probably could care less about the cost of filling the tank. I'm talking about the "average" LC's/LX's that the average Mudder is rolling. Where do you think we are on the price graph?

OK, I'll be the outlier. Is there anyone else that thinks the "bubble" may burst once (if?) we see gas prices north of $4.00 per gal again? I'm not talking about these "unicorn" rigs that are decades old and have no-thousand miles on them. I mean, the guy droppin sixty-grand probably could care less about the cost of filling the tank. I'm talking about the "average" LC's/LX's that the average Mudder is rolling. Where do you think we are on the price graph?

Thats what I think. When gas goes up much more "overlanding " is dead and those guys will go back to building civics and Subarus

100 series market may not be effected as much but we will be flooded with 4 runners and Tacomas

So we should sell now then buy back in later when prices drop? Didn't work out too well for me today in stocks, sold a few thinking it'll come back down so i can buy in, but it kept going up, and now FOMO is kicking in because these are my long term stocks lol.

My guess is no. I also think spikes in gasoline are unlikely going forward, but that's pinned to politics enough that I suppose anything can happen. Supply is huge, demand is declining. It'll likely be that way for years. As EVs ramp, gasoline will stay low.

That's my uneducated guess, at least.

I'm certainly wasn't asking for anyone's speculation (or explanation) on whether or not fuel prices will rise (no offense to YotaMD), And of course, I have no intentions of discussing politics here. But I am seeing gas prices on the rise right now where I live and I am curious what the average Mudder thinks will happen to this market if fuel prices continue to climb. Obviously, these vehicles drink it down like me on a Sat night. But will that matter, or are these trucks insulated a bit because of the dedicated owner-base and discontinued availability?

Dude, is it clean with a clean carfax and history? post some pics, let's see this gem. That would be worth north of 70K on BAT for sure.
Its clean no accidents

Its Clean Title No Accidents

Need to take updated photos and the undercarriage

Desert Bronze Rear Lockers

Unicorn of the Unicorn 100 series haha

50961020287_fddf7d177e_b.jpg

Gas prices will rise due to extra taxes. How else do you think .gov is going to subsidize mass BEV rollout (infrastructure) while simultaneously squeezing the dino juiced vehicles off of the road? Remember the fuel price pinch in the Fall of 2008? We have another 50% hike to go to get to that rough level once again. Although it sucked, it didn't exactly kill off the ICE or significantly change commuting habits for a large portion of the population, did it?

Of course it’s kings chariot.

More like "Kings Ransom". I think im going to list my 100 series with the asking price equal to the mileage on the OD - $59,878.

Last edited:
More like "Kings Ransom". I think im going to list my 100 series with the asking price equal to the mileage on the OD - $59,878.
So cal now has one of these in every major part. I threw my shade, made it clear how I feel about these outfits. One recently popped up in south Oc and now they’re reselling all the popular model Toyota’s too. I guess the Growing market of dummies is driving the demand for outlandish Specializing resellers. Just going to make it harder for enthusiasts to get a good rig at a fair price.

Nah man, i dumped GME and took a HUGE L, paperhanded that one. I still have positions in AMC and other meme stocks, 2000 shares each, bought the rip sold the dip lol. But i recovered most of that money when i hopped on to CCIV and GHVI, i YOLO'ed these two. If you see my 100 up for sale anytime soon, then you know something went south.

CCIV and GHVI took huge dumps too, maybe i'll list the cruiser for sale soon.

100 series is the next MKIV Supra, prices will only go up, esp ones that are clean and unmolested. We'll see $100,000 100 series soon. I used to have a 1997 6spd Supra Turbo, 40K original miles, i sold it for 30K 10 years ago to buy a BMW. 7 years later, my BMW is broken beyond repair and the Supra i sold would've sold for $120,000 heheh ljals;fdkjsklfjasek

Hold on to your 100 series fellas, this is an investment now, pretty sure i can get more for mine now than what i paid for it 18 months ago.
You are dead on with the Supra. How in the hell did that market go soooooo out of control?!?!? I looked years later when things were better to buy another and I had sticker shock. I had a 1998 TT Supra 6spd with only 16K that I had to sell due to divorce in 2011. Sold it for 40k and that was about 5-10k too low then. I regret that sale almost everyday as I would buy it back tonight for the 40K I sold it for. Not sure what the deal with LC's are but I have been buying some more 100s recently myself. It is hard to believe some of the BaT prices too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom