BaT A bit of BAT science fiction is reality (1 Viewer)

Bring-a-Trailer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Holy crow! I saw this car last week. It was being serviced and detailed. It was said to have been from an estate. I looked it over and would have offered up $ 9500.00. Man am I out of the loop. Check out the comments.

Holy crow! I saw this car last week. It was being serviced and detailed. It was said to have been from an estate. I looked it over and would have offered up $ 9500.00. Man am I out of the loop. Check out the comments.
$9500 is delusional and $61k is crazy, but the free market always wins.

100 series is the next MKIV Supra, prices will only go up, esp ones that are clean and unmolested. We'll see $100,000 100 series soon. I used to have a 1997 6spd Supra Turbo, 40K original miles, i sold it for 30K 10 years ago to buy a BMW. 7 years later, my BMW is broken beyond repair and the Supra i sold would've sold for $120,000 heheh ljals;fdkjsklfjasek

Hold on to your 100 series fellas, this is an investment now, pretty sure i can get more for mine now than what i paid for it 18 months ago.

100 series is the next MKIV Supra, prices will only go up, esp ones that are clean and unmolested. We'll see $100,000 100 series soon. I used to have a 1997 6spd Supra Turbo, 40K original miles, i sold it for 30K 10 years ago to buy a BMW. 7 years later, my BMW is broken beyond repair and the Supra i sold would've sold for $120,000 heheh ljals;fdkjsklfjasek

Hold on to your 100 series fellas, this is an investment now, pretty sure i can get more for mine now than what i paid for it 18 months ago.
What do you consider “molested”?

What do you consider “molested”?

Hmm i guess irreversible things like cutting a hole for snorkel, drilling into roof for light bars, welding on frame sliders, trail damage etc... other mods like bumpers and winches you can return to stock form.

Hmm i guess irreversible things like cutting a hole for snorkel, drilling into roof for light bars, welding on frame sliders, trail damage etc... other mods like bumpers and winches you can return to stock form.
That’s a good point. That’s why I kept all my stock bumpers and running boards “just in case”. As far as I know the highest selling 100 recently was that built 2004-2005 LX that went for over $60k in BAT. Had pretty much every imaginable mod and looked like a trail-rig with plenty of scuffs underneath. I don’t wanna highjack this thread but right now there’s an 06 LX (Silver) with 18,000 miles.... one owner, no rust. Bids are up to $36k with 5 days left to go. That might break the record.

That is ****ing dumb. If you paid $60k for that it's dumb and you should feel dumb.....fight me

Too bad that deer strike totaled mine LOL or it may be for sale. Now it's a 100 series s***box

If this truck really had less than 60k miles, how did you think it was only worth $9,500?

I would LOVE to buy another 2003-2006 100-series TLC with well under 75k as the next one. I have seen those fetch $25,000-$40,000 depending on condition, where it lived, etc.

Yes, this is a 2002, and $61,000 is outrageous, but, the trend for original, low mileage trucks is more that direction than not....

When you consider what a new TLC, or even Tahoe costs, I can see why people are snapping up the 100's

There's another low-mile LX470 on BAT right now that looks exceptionally clean and has even lower miles than this one that looks like it will go for even higher than that! The market is the market, if there are buyers at this price, it will keep happening, the supply of unmolested, low-mileage 100s is rapidly diminishing. Add the cancellation of the 300 in the US, the price increase of the 200s and it makes sense that 100 prices are on the rise.

Not surprising, IMO.

There are VERY few vehicles as well built as the 100/200 series. You can't take $60k and buy/restore any other full size SUV that will stand the test of time like a 100/200. With the 2021 200 series being the last LC, more folks are realizing the days are numbered of this sort of vehicle and they want in.

I like this. Makes me feel better about my total running cost on my 06LX being $36k and counting. Nice to see the general market has a price tag on these similar to my sentiments.

Also note, similar to the mk4 Supra, values of nice examples are not going to fall. They're only going up. For good. As far as vehicles go, this is a chassis you could "invest" in and pretty well guarantee you're not losing anything on depreciation unless you grossly overpay for your purchase or we see some unprecedented federal regulation that demonizes gasoline. Even then - export prices should remain very strong.

100 Diamond hands to the moon?

Holy *$#&. I was thinking my 165,000-mile 2006 was starting to get up there in miles and the value was dropping. So, yesterday, I did a nationwide search on AutoTrader for 06/07 100s and sorted by miles. There was ONE in the U.S. with fewer miles than mine - and it has 158,000 miles.

I think nice late model 100's should go for 30-40k right now. Anything more and you could buy a 200. 100's are great but I'd prefer a 200, especially if I could get one for cheaper than a 100...which appears to be possible with some of these BAT results.

I’m all about capitalist free market shizz so play on to whoever got 61k for their 2002. I’m also in the market to get my wife a blizzard Pearl white 2017 lx570 and they’re like 60-64k with 40k miles or less so to whoever paid that much for that 02 wins a Darwin Award for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom