A 4BD1T for Ellinor, and Some Other Projects (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got the idler gear on and checked the torque on all the bolts that I installed in 2019. The idle pulley didn't want to slide on easily so I ended up loosening the main bearings, dropping the crank ~1/16", slid the pulley on, and tightened everything back up. There's virtually no backlash between the crank and idler (0.0005" if I had to guess... I still need to get a dial indicator) but the engine spins smoothly and there doesn't seem to be any binding.

20210419_145842.jpg

On a different note, right after I decided to get back into the engine I tore my guest bathroom apart. The tub was cracked, the sink had been leaking (before we owned it), and there was water damage in the floor. It's currently down the bones. I just need to move some water lines for the new tub and vanity and everything will start going back together. Luckily, my wife (@TheyCallMeRed) is also a big DIYer and usually takes care of the finish work. So as soon as I get the subfloor, fixtures, and drywall installed I can devote more time to the engine... hopefully.

20210417_151357.jpg

This was taken before repairs were made. The previous owner (PO(S)) had the framing fixed enough that I'm not too concerned, but I did replace a few cross supports and add a few more. The sheeting was the major issue. You're not supposed to be able to tear off 3/4 plywood by hand.

Have a good night guys!

Last edited:
I’ll be interested to see how that roamer drive housing works out. I’m using the old Dustin adapter that uses the stock dodge/Cummins adapter plate/bellhousing etc. I finally found a good price on a bellhousing this week, and the adapter plate a few months back. Getting there!

Got the idler gear on and checked the torque on all the bolts that I installed in 2019. The idle pulley didn't want to slide on easily so I ended up loosening the main bearings, dropping the crank ~1/16", slid the pulley on, and tightened everything back up. There's virtually no backlash between the crank and idler (0.0005" if I had to guess... I still need to get a dial indicator) but the engine spins smoothly and there doesn't seem to be any binding.

View attachment 2650620

On a different note, right after I decided to get back into the engine I tore my guest bathroom apart. The tub was cracked, the sink had been leaking (before we owned it), and there was water damage in the floor. It's currently down the bones. I just need to move some water lines for the new tub and vanity and everything will start going back together. Luckily, my wife (@TheyCallMeRed) is also a big DIYer and usually takes care of the finish work. So as soon as I get the subfloor, fixtures, and drywall installed I can devote more time to the engine... hopefully.

View attachment 2650622

This was taken before repairs were made. The previous owner (PO(S)) had the framing fixed enough that I'm not too concerned, but I did replace a few cross supports and add a few more. The sheeting was the major issue. You're not supposed to be able to tear off 3/4 plywood by hand.

Have a good night guys!
Bro there’s dry rot in those floor joists. They need to be cut out and new ones installed. If your not concerned at least coat them heavily in copper green but I’d repair them. Dry rot spreads down the lumber and is a ticking time bomb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom