'97 LX450 approximate value? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
community.webshots.com
View media item 64246Well... thinking about making the jump to 100 Series. Looking to get more room for family and to tow small travel trailer. I figure a built 100 series should be able to do about 70% of what my 80 can do off road and that will be good enough.

The basics:
  • Located in in Southern CA (San Diego) so bolts are not all rusted out from salted roads
  • 97 LX450 - matte black
  • 175,xxx miles
  • Factory lockers
  • 3.5" FOR (Frankies Off-Road) progressive springs (yes, I've had it a while)
  • Bilstein 7100 RR short bodies in the rear and 5100s up front
  • 315/75/16 KM2 Mud
  • 4:88 gears
  • Custom Demello Off-Road front bumper with 9500lb winch
  • Custom .25 wall rock sliders
  • Custom rear bumper with swing out (rear x-member removed and replaced by bumper to increase departure angle)
  • Slee belly pan / xfer case skid plate
  • Heavy Duty rear lower links
  • Safari Snorkel
  • Aux radiator fan
  • Lots of other minor adds
  • Plenty of rock rash on the sliders and rear bumper
  • Few small dents and plenty of brush pin-striping
I know there are many variables that will determine the final value but looking to see what kind of interest and possible value range is out there. This truck has taken me plenty of places, some of which I should not have gone, and will certainly be missed should I actually go thru with selling it.

IMHO watch craigslist to see what they are going for in our area. Built rigs here can easily go for 8k-16k depending on the condition and mods, possibly even more with a motivated buyer. The collective mud audience will always say less as they're looking for a bargain deal. It also depends on how fast you are looking to sell. Heck, you might even find someone willing to trade.

Valid point on someone low balling in hopes of scoring a nice deal! LOL. Usually think of Craiglslist as being the same.

I'll keep researching to see what it might bring but will be able to wait for the right buyer. Not in a hurry.

Looks like we're running similar rigs!

Good point @chap79 . Im sitting on my similarly built '93 contemplating selling, and i find myself valuing it cheaper than what someone else might buy it for. Mud is full of 80 owners, so their opinion is based on buying a second one. someone looking to get into their 1st 80 will be willing to pay more to play. My biggest issue is I cant help but wonder if I should just keep my '93, and put it on 40s lol.

if you really want to get crazy pull the bumpers replace with used OEM and sell
the bumpers seperate.

Start coming to north county club meetings and wheeling in places the 80 is better than a 100 on a more regular basis ;).
We'll be a Mike's BBQ in Escondido tonight at 1830 (6:30pm for the civilian types).

Start coming to north county club meetings and wheeling in places the 80 is better than a 100 on a more regular basis ;).
We'll be a Mike's BBQ in Escondido tonight at 1830 (6:30pm for the civilian types).

HA! Oh, there are plenty of places I have wheeled the 80 that I know the 100 would have issues or just flat out not be able to make it. Wish I could make it but too much work to do!

Tow crap with that Dodge in your sig, keep the 80.

Best case scenario if you're bound & determined to join the 'Tommy Bahama crew' is find a guy willing to trade his 100 for an 80.

Look in the classifieds here & find a modded 100 to trade, otherwise you're going to shell out $$$ to do up a 100.

Tow crap with that Dodge in your sig, keep the 80.

Best case scenario if you're bound & determined to join the 'Tommy Bahama crew' is find a guy willing to trade his 100 for an 80.

Look in the classifieds here & find a modded 100 to trade, otherwise you're going to shell out $$$ to do up a 100.

No sell the 80 buy a jeep and never come back, Like @LINUS said tow with truck wheel with 80 or do what I suggested:meh:

Will the 100 tow better than the dodge? idk personally, but if not, you loss 2 ways... less capable tow, less capable off road.... upside probably more comfort :hmm:

Realized it's been a while since I updated my sig. The Ram was a company truck and I no longer work for that company. The Lex GS DD is not so good at towing or wheelin'!

Not really sure what selling your 80 & going 100 gains you in the seating / cargo thing, but your call.

Between selling your modded 80 & tricking out a 100 the overall cost is such you could buy a reasonable crew cab G1 Tundra for even money (same 2uz), keep the 80, and have a spare vehicle for times when you want to do any intensive work on anything else.

It's pretty safe to guess most the 80's like yours are paid for, so just add to insurance when you really are using it. Not like it's depreciating, so selling is irrational IMO.

I bought the Tundra I have based on my towing, but that wasn't any reason to go selling my well maintained, perfectly modded for me -80. Eff that.

I've got too many hours into all the little crap, let alone major parts & jobs.

Good point on the countless hours spent on the 80 over the last 10 years and the number of hours I would spend building up a new rig even tho that is part of the fun.

As far as space goes, the 100 is a little bigger and the 3rd row has more room. I recently "Brady Bunched" my life so went from 2 kids to 4. :eek:Been wheeling out the in desert with all 4 kids in the 80 and we made it work even tho it was tight. Haven't 100% made up my mind yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom