For Sale 97 FZJ80 - White - 167k miles - SF Bay Area (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

After a little over a year of ownership of my White Whale, it's time to move on to something newer specifically a 100 series. I absolutely love this thing, but as I find myself doing more long distance travel, often in steep mountain terrain, I would really like a bit more freeway driveability and power

Here's my full build thread that's fairly up to date. Lots of pictures:

The White Whale - '97 FZJ80 build

Here's the scoop:

- 1997 Toyota Land Cruiser. 167k miles. White Exterior, Gray Leather interior. No Lockers
- Exterior and interior are both in great original condition. Shiny paint and no tears in the original leather.
- Always been a California car. No Rust
-
Awesome service history including Rear Main Seal, recent PHH, Valve Cover Gasket, Crankshaft Seal, o2 sensors etc.
- Front birfs are in great shape. No sign of leakage and everything moves smoothly.
- Runs beautifully
- A/C is ice cold
- tent not included

Recent things done to to the car:
- Powder coated factory wheels with 285/75/16 Falken At3W tires. About 7k miles on the tires. Still look brand new
- OME 862 rear springs
- KYB Shocks
- Removed factory roof rack and plugged holes with waterproof bolts and seals. Does not leak at all.
- Baja Roof Rack that I bought used. Has a bit of surface rust, but still structurally sound.
- New Bluetooth stereo unit and 2 front speakers.
- New windshield with OEM windshield gasket
- Blue hub fan clutch with 15k CST fluid
- New intake tube
- New Denso o2 sensors 1k miles ago
- New Thermostat, PHH, recent cooling system flush
- recent brake system flush
- New Heater valve
- Probably more that I'm forgetting

Here's my recent report from Blackstone:

Som1LJj.png

I also had my mechanic test for exhaust fumes in the overflow tank, and there are none.

Issues that I know of:
- Heater has always been so/so. I have flushed the core before and it got nice and hot, but has since clogged again. Will be flushing again this weekend. No leaks or anything, just not very hot air.
- Driver seat does not slide forward or back. Needs the new gear. I just haven't gotten around to it. $20 part.
- Passenger seat does not move at all. I haven't really dug into why that is.
- Rear defroster does not work
- small oil leaks. I believe one is from the pan arch seal and one small one is from the front of the engine. Nothing major
- little scuffs on the bumper and fender flares. Most of the paint is in great shape. Single stage so no fear of clear coat failure.

Other than these things, the truck is rock solid. It's taken me to some incredible places and has never let me down. It's in awesome condition for being 20 yrs old. Not hacked up or modded to hell yet.

let me know if you have any questions!

$13,000 obo - able to show it this Saturday and some of Sunday.

RXKSepv.jpg

lGL8z4c.jpg

zAmypQV.jpg

UYk2jOq.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom