97 fzj80 lower radiator hoses? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Fj80oregon

GOLD Star
Threads
So I have been searching for a bit and can’t find the info I am looking for. I have some coolant leaking from the small hose on the bottom of the radiator and can’t find the part number or name of the hose I’m looking fo any help would be great. I don’t know the function of these either the are wrapped in plastic shielding and appear to go into driver fender well?

So the brass 90 degree bung appear to be attached to one. And the other I’m having trouble chasing down.

E9F9C09A-57EE-43BB-9C90-5438ED18A8BD.jpeg

26E60FBE-E62A-4313-BFCF-BEFC8FA56EBA.jpeg

I think the small hoses on the lower radiator are actually for the transmission cooling. Not sure of the p/n though.

I think the small hoses on the lower radiator are actually for the transmission cooling. Not sure of the p/n though.
I see now It looks like coolant under truck but must be Tranny fluid. Gonna have to investigate further 5 beers deep so it can wait! Thanks for the fats reply.

And those have transmission fluid running through them not coolant. Could be leaking from the threads on the fitting. How old is your radiator?
Radiator is 3 months old, will have to check tomorrow in the light! Thanks

The pictures look clean because I spent 10 minutes wiping everything down. Have not driven the beast in a couple months and found the leak when I moved.

I should mention no leak while truck was sitting but leaked while I was warming up to temp.

Radiator is 3 months old, will have to check tomorrow in the light! Thanks
When I replaced my radiator I thought I should probably replace those 22 year old hoses, but nah I was in a hurry to get it back on the road. Maiden voyage after replacement went to the gas station to fill up and a kind gentleman approached me saying hey I think your truck is leaking something. Sure was it puked most of the transmission fluid on the ground at the pump, was only 2 miles from home so I pushed it. Barely made it home, truck struggled to move when I got it home. Hose split near near the radiator fitting and I lost 6 quarts of fluid in that time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom