95 brake mystery? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.burrowsphoto.com
have a 95 Landcruiser and have just got the thing set up and ready to get out to the dirt. Problem is, I have been having problems getting correct power brake pressure. It has normal power brake feeling on regular driving but on downhill with a bit heavy pressure it is a very stiff pedal and difficult to stop. I did a new master cylinder, full bleed, and just did all the pads but no luck? Could my recent 1.5" OME lift cause problems? Any ideas? Please help. Looks like I have found a cool sight.

There is a load sensing proprotioning bypass valve that needs to be adjusted when you install a lift. If you didn't do that, you now have much less rear braking than before. Going downhill, you would lose even more rear braking as weight shifts forward.

If you search this forum using the search forum for rear brake adjustment or search for proportioning valve I think you will find all you might want to know.

If you have already properly adjusted your proportioning valve than I am out of ideas.

Welcome!

nothing that the whizzes here won't figure out in a short time if Rich (Mr. Uberwhiz) hasn't already...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom