93 Locked and loaded for the weekend (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Took the Cruiser out for the holiday. Everything went great. Couldn't be happier. The paint is no longer spotless. Hopefully, a little buffing will take out most of the scrapes and scratches. Got the CDL locked up as well as the front diff. The rear kept blinking, but it acted like it was locked. By that I mean the inside wheel in tight turns acted like it was keeping pace with the outside wheel (chirping on rocks/spinning in mud). Didn't take long to figure out that the mud flaps had to go. Also figured out about how top heavy the Cruiser is while trying to make room for two vehicles on a single track road. Didn't roll it, but came as close as I would ever want to in a daily driver. If anybody knows what the maximum lean angle is for an 80 please let me know. BTW, I'm getting anywhere from 14 to 17 mpg out of an engine w/137k. From what I've read that isn't bad right?

Sounds like a fun time.

My 93 with 125k on it gets about 13 around town and 17+ on the highway.

That is great; it is good that someone enjoyed them selves. The flashing rear diff lock light has been brought up recently by others today or yesterday I think, but the rears do take longer to lock up than the fronts in any case something to do with the design of the dogs I believe no doubt some one else will clarify this.
You tend to learn things about tilt angles as you become more familiar with any new vehicle you sense it in the seat of your pants when it gets close, though it always feels worse when the tilt is towards the driver’s side. IMHO there is little point in knowing what the static angle is because it bears little relationship to a loaded moving vehicle travelling over lumps and bumps inertia etc. It is always best to take it very slow and look out for things that will emphasise the side slope and anticipating sliding into a more precarious situation, rolling is not very much fun.

The rear locker is a little fussy to get engaged. Try turning very sharp to the right while it's flashing and keep moving. It should lock.

Going back up for the 4th. I'll give the rears another try then. Thanks!

Welcome Jenny Cruiser. There are a few of us up north where you are and a bunch down in the Denver area. The local club is called Rising Sun. Pablo Cruise lives in Fort Collins, maybe you could car pool to check out a meeting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom