91 FJ80 Cruise Control Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need some help. I spent quite a bit of time trying to diagnose the issue with my CC to no avail. Here is where I am at:

1.Light comes on the dash when I push the button.
2. I went through the first set of steps to diagnose the Set/Coast circuit and that is normal. (It flashes as it should)
3. I tested the Res/Acc and it flashes 5 times and stops. I cannot find anywhere what 5 flashes mean
4. I tested the brake light switch and it is working as it should.

I saw the previous threads about buying the Hall Effect Sender Part C6001 from Australia but unless I am reading it incorrectly, it is not made for my 91 FJ80, it is for later year trucks.

I am attaching a couple of pics of my set up. Also, I did look inside the control box where the cables connect and it is very clean and everything moves freely.

I don't have an issue spending $150 on the Hall Effect Sender if it will solve the problem, I am just not sure if I am looking at the correct part.

Any help, direction or advice is greatly appreciated. TIA

20230826_094110.jpg

20230826_095632.jpg

1693834906135.png

I've put a copy of both the 1991 FSM and EWD in the Resources section. Download them and keep them both close for future reference.

If you haven't tried it already, disconnect and reconnect the plug on the Cruise Control Actuator in the engine bay on the passenger side.

I had the same issue, saw someone post to do that, and haven't had any problems since. For whatever reason, the connection gets gummed up and/or corroded and causes the CC to malfunction at times. Disconnecting/Reconnecting with some dielectric grease seems to be a solid fix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom