91 3FE Large Oil Filter Wrench (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently did an oil change and installed the large 90915-TD004 oil filter. Does anyone know of a good wrench to get to tighten and remove the filter?

I am been unable to find anything at local auto parts stores that will fit.

Thanks in advance

I recently did an oil change and installed the large 90915-TD004 oil filter. Does anyone know of a good wrench to get to tighten and remove the filter?

I am been unable to find anything at local auto parts stores that will fit.

Thanks in advance

Tighten by hand... always by hand.

I wonder if there's room for large waterpump pliers to get in there.

I use a large adjustable oil wrench that looks like a freaky pair of channel locks. I think I got it at Auto Zone years ago. I always hand tighten but need the wrench to help with removal. If I can find a name on it in the morning I will post it up.

nylon belt style strap wrench maybe? that's what i always needed on the enormous fram ph-7 on my old fiat.

I use a nylon style belt wrench as well to add a tad bit more pressure. Just check any/all vac lines to be sure you didn't knock anything loose trying to get in there.

I use one of these for both large and small filters :cool:

bikeservice-universal-oil-filter-wrench__42809_zoom.jpg

I use a nylon style belt wrench as well to add a tad bit more pressure. Just check any/all vac lines to be sure you didn't knock anything loose trying to get in there.

X2

I have had good luck with these on over tight filters. They tend to spread the pressure over a larger area, which helps prevent crushing filters and causing a bigger problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom