91 2nd Gen T4R (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all, I'm new here, I got my 4runner last year for $3000 cash, what do you think?

3.slow =[

dscf0753yb3.jpg

dscf0755hr0.jpg

dscf0752jo8.jpg

yea, the leather knob is coming unstiched, toyota wants $150 for a new one!!! Anyone out there have one?

stick shift even....nice :)

no joke....X2, I would kill for one.

Nice 4Runner, but once I saw the shifter, I thought, nic-ER.:D

I'd put headers on it AND ROLL!

yea, the leather knob is coming unstiched, toyota wants $150 for a new one!!! Anyone out there have one?

I like the Hilux shifters better anyway :meh:

and prolly cheaper/ easier to find too...

sweet rig...jealous...

one cleanest 2nd gens ive seen! I am partial to the 2nd gens:D

How much do headers run? I dont know much about trucks but I think that's part of the exhaust? It seems like one of the major flaws of the 3VZ-E is the air intake and exhaust, like its being choked out. However I get great gas milage believe it or not!!! mid 20s in town.

DO NOT TRY TO GAIN HP OUT OF THE 3.0.

You will spend thousands of dollars and countless hours busting knuckles in the most unpleasant engine bay on earth. And in the end you will gain nothing.

My mechanic said the same thing, he said I'd be better off buying a big block chevy and getting a mounting coversion I think he said.

My mechanic said the same thing, he said I'd be better off buying a big block chevy and getting a mounting coversion I think he said.

Hmm for the first part of that sentence I thought...could it be...is there a mechanic out there that isnt a total idiot....then I read the second half of the sentence.

3.4L 5vze out of the 3rd gen 4runners and tacomas

lol. He said "Big block"...Please, do not put a Chevy motor in your truck and ruin it.

Check Downey for headers

(Notice his out of the box claims, which I would not be surprised to find true, since I've seen the stock exhaust up close)

I rebuilt the 3.0 in my 91 4Runner.
The engine isn't that bad to work on, and the bay isn't as tight as some others (ford FWD cars are MUCH MUCH worse). Once you figure out a few tricks to working on that motor, it's really not that bad.

That said after rebuilding that motor, I should have just done the 3.4 swap. For what I am into the 3.0 rebuild, I could have swapped in the 3.4, done th body lift, taken care of the exhaust, etc. And it would have been a wash cost wise.

"BIG BLOCK" in a yota???????????????????? s*** man. you can barely get a small block in them. I agree.... the later series V-6 is a monster and VERY reliable.

I'm keeping an eye out in the local paper for a 95+ T4R Limited, once in a while I see some super deals on em. My sister got one for $6,000 with low miles, belonged to the service manager at Reno Toyota so it was well taken care of.

I just dropped $1800 on mine , only because it started runnning like s*** so I took it in and pointed out the location of the noise I discovered. Turns out my timing belt was about to snap, something about a bearing, though I didnt think the timing had any bearings...Bad waterpump and alternator too. Plus new rear brake pads, new exhaust and a tune up. Repair costs really add up quickly when you own an older vehicle. It almost worth it to just update...

For $1800, you could have easily bought all the tools and parts, pestered us for advice, and did the job yourself. And you'd have a bunch of nice tools when you were done, not to mention more knowledge of your truck.

Just something to think about...

i swear if i find you in your driveway slappin a bowtie under that hood, i will hang you on the powerline by your shoe strings

welcome aboard :flipoff2:

For $1800, you could have easily bought all the tools and parts, pestered us for advice, and did the job yourself. And you'd have a bunch of nice tools when you were done, not to mention more knowledge of your truck.

Just something to think about...

X2, $1800? Oh snap :eek: :eek:!

Awesome wheels, keep the 3VZE maintained stock and you'll keep getting those 20's. My truck's 3VZE gets beat like it owes money to the Yakuza. I deal with short vacuum hose life in the desert and that's about it, daily driver friendly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom