Builds 9-77 frame off concours Resto attempt (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thats a VERY sh-tty way to do buisness. I would think they would honor whatever the price was when you ordered it.
I am contemplating a new tub and would like to give T-seven a go but have always thought about CCOT's. If that is the way they treat customers that pushes me away from them .
Who is T-seven?

What is that insulation you put on the floor? I have a 12/79 and pulled it all out it is some nasty asphalt-based sound/heat barrier. Trying to decide if I go concours and replace it, or just leave it out. In the later 40's the stuff was not painted best I can tell.

SOR gave you a "quote," right?
I called. They gave price and shipping to my zip. When it arrived, I was called and told price had increased due to supplier raising price or shipping? It was sketchy yes. From my order and phone convos, I was told a price. I recall nothing about a “quote”. I don’t order based on quotes. I was told “this is the price”. It was CCOT

Last edited:
What is that insulation you put on the floor? I have a 12/79 and pulled it all out it is some nasty asphalt-based sound/heat barrier. Trying to decide if I go concours and replace it, or just leave it out. In the later 40's the stuff was not painted best I can tell.
It was evercoat 117 Q pads sound deadener on Amazon. Kind of rubber. I bought the #116 as well because I didn’t know what thickness. I’ll use thinner ones on inside of door. I used a heat gun and roller. Once hardened they were painted. My mat was painted from factory, but I scraped and removed the old from everything but trans tunnel just to make sure no rust underneath...

Just to be clear--SOR did not sell you the tub and did not misrepresent any fees?

Just to be clear--SOR did not sell you the tub and did not misrepresent any fees?
No. I spoke w Manny at Cool Cruiser of Texas. CCOT. I was given one price plus shipping. When it arrived I was told the price went up. This was after ordered right before delivery. I ordered from them bc it was a pilgrim tub and supposedly the best

Thought so. There is a "Manny" at SOR, and they once also sold a few of the original Pilgrim tubs, but despite their reputation for costly shipping, they would not jack you as happened from CCOT.

More pics

F3BF306F-DBAD-4104-9CB2-C93DA2FB1AB4.jpeg

EDCAEC7F-8B7B-4DDF-9202-56BA5FCEA891.jpeg

86978A0F-B72F-4E21-8251-0060BD9CD568.jpeg

4365274F-31CB-44D2-BD29-E491E9621848.jpeg

Happy thanksgiving to everyone! And I am thankful for my family who puts up with my tinkering on this new OCD fj40 compulsion of mine. Also thankful for this great community and all of your advice and guidance/knowledge that has been a tremendous help. Every time I turn around though, I need a screw I can’t find. Or a part. Nickel and dimed to death, but someone always comes through for me. God bless all of you. Prayers for those in California dealing w the fires...

Which Webber? What is the full story on the windshield, did you get the last two?
When I ordered the windshield glass (sorry just saw your questions) I was “told” they only showed two in stock in the country. I ordered both. Toyota script not teq. Was told and saw disc. on several websites. I can’t confirm they are NLA but that’s what I was told. Webber 38.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom