8th Annual 100s in the Hills *July 12-17 Silverton, Colorado* (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pulled out of ATL at 3:00AM headed West. Will overnight in Amarillo if anyone else is on the same path, stop a have a steak & a beer

A few of us are staying in Moriarty NM if you can muscle the last 2 hours.

If @maxse01 and I miss the noon meet up - we’ll look for you guys later. Coming from DEN too.
@ClayPigeon and I are leaving from the Denver area tomorrow morning around 6:30. Maybe we'll see you guys en route!

Can't wait!

Last edited:
@Kyle Bell and I will be convoying and planning on Cinnamon Pass Thursday, but also unlikely to make it to Lake City by noon. Probably more like 2pm ETA in Lake City for us. If timing works out and you'd like to join, you're welcome to!

Cool, you can Check-out the new key in action!
I’ll send you a PM.

Is this the address you guys are plugging into your gps or iPhone? For some reason nothing is coming up haha!

1 Kendall Place

Silverton, CO 81433

Is this the address you guys are plugging into your gps or iPhone? For some reason nothing is coming up haha!

1 Kendall Place

Silverton, CO 81433

It shows up for me. You might try the Silverton Ski Shop. It only looks to be across the river.

It shows up for me. You might try the Silverton Ski Shop. It only looks to be across the river.

Just put in silverton. There are signs and you can see it from town.

I’ve been waiting for this day since I departed Silverton last year. :steer::):beer:

Got it! Thanks guys.

It wasn't showing up on Apple Maps, but Google Maps works.

Safe travels everybody!

Hey guys. Happy to report Silverton is looking as awesome as ever. Sky is clear. Dirt is wet. Had a great night camping with @benc and his family out on South Mineral Creek Road. Conditions are awesome!!!!

Anybody in Silverton today want to ride? I picked up a hitchhiking mountain bike rider who pointed to me a sweet shuttle ride. 3500 feet of descent in an hour!! (Some pedaling up to get started). I’ll be riding in a hour. Let me know.

HIH8 is here!!!!! So excited. Can’t wait for all the new guys to see this place. Pretty epic.

chris

@ClayPigeon and I are leaving from the Denver area tomorrow morning around 6:30. Maybe we'll see you guys en route!

Can't wait!
I’ll be leaving from Denver in the AM as well. If anyone’s down to roll out together let me know.

A few of us are staying in Moriarty NM if you can muscle the last 2 hours.
Thank you for the offer , I made a noncancelable res. Maybe ill catch you somewhere on 550

In Durango! Stopped along the way near Cabezon for a little dirt road exploration.

076F6271-70BE-4026-9A97-1C705F1A28FB.jpeg

89BB115E-F49E-4964-8978-363F28468544.png

38F4F020-619E-447D-91CA-2221DACC341F.png

I am so freaking pumped. I'm barely getting any work done today; want to go home and get loaded out so badly!!

If anybody takes Red Mountain up from Ouray today or tomorrow morning please post up any info on the length of the delay or any other issues. I’m still trying to decide whether to take the long route from Denver though Durango or head up from Ouray. I’m pulling a trailer so the Cinnamon pass route is unfortunately out of the question.

Thanks!

I’ll be leaving from Denver in the AM as well. If anyone’s down to roll out together let me know.

@DirtDawg Let's do it. The plan is to leave out of Denver (downtown) between 6:00/6:30a and meet at that gas station (Phillips 66) by Bandimere. Hit 285, stop in Salida for provisions, then on to Lake City, and down into Silverton via Cinnamon. Sound good?

For the folks that are planning on running Cinnamon Pass from Lake City to Silverton on Thursday, we are currently meeting at the northern tip of the lake (37.984191, -107.292395) at noon. See you there!

@Kyle Bell and I will be convoying and planning on Cinnamon Pass Thursday, but also unlikely to make it to Lake City by noon. Probably more like 2pm ETA in Lake City for us. If timing works out and you'd like to join, you're welcome to!

We are planning on heading from Denver early, and trying to make one of these two connections.

For anyone passing through ABQ on Thursday morning, I'm planning (hoping, dreaming?) to depart by 8 AM and then head up HWY 550 from Bernalillo, through Bloomfield/Aztec and then through Durango. I am not planning to stop in Durango for lunch because I will be towing my camping trailer and it gets difficult to find parking for the long rig around the touristy areas. If you see a white Hundy with NM plates, BIO rear bumper w/swingout tire carrier and Jayco Baja popup in tow, you'll know it's me. I will turn on the CB to channel 40 if I see someone driving a cruiser.

- Marc Ahlen

If

If @maxse01 and I miss the noon meet up - we’ll look for you guys later. Coming from DEN too.

This sounds more like my ETA . I would be game.

Can't wait!

Cool, you can Check-out the new key in action!
I’ll send you a PM.

@DirtDawg Let's do it. The plan is to leave out of Denver (downtown) between 6:00/6:30a and meet at that gas station (Phillips 66) by Bandimere. Hit 285, stop in Salida for provisions, then on to Lake City, and down into Silverton via Cinnamon. Sound good?

We are planning on heading from Denver early, and trying to make one of these two connections.

Sweet, looks like a bunch of us will be heading the same route around the same time. We don't need to coordinate one massive convoy necessarily, but maybe we can all choose a CB channel and connect en route?

How about channel 8? - HIH8 and all...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom