'84 60 Rear Drawer, Table, and Fridge Slide (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I thought I'd share a little weekend project I've been working on for the last few weeks. I ordered a KISS drawer from Landshark Outfitters and I wanted to incorporate a cutting board/table and fridge slide on the other side of my cruiser. The KISS drawer was simple to build, easy to customize, inexpensive, and fit perfectly. The table and slide took a little more 'engineering'.

I used 1x3s and 1/4" plywood for the box and 1x2s and a thick 1/2" maple piece for the top of the table. I used butcher block conditioner on the maple for a great food safe finish. The table was placed inside the box with locking drawer slides of the appropriate length found on Amazon. I've since covered the top of the KISS drawer with marine carpet after talking to a woodworker buddy who recommended this would be best for high usage.

The drawer and table/slide were bolted together then the whole shebang was secured into the back of the truck at the rear seatbelt bolts. I used some climbing anchors 'borrowed' from a buddy and some turnbuckles. Securing the front was a little trickier. I used some leftover 1/4" plywood and secured it to the floor of the wagon right at the back of the bed. There are pre-drilled holes there for a trim piece. I then screwed the drawer and table/slide right into that 1/4 plywood. This set up keeps the set up relatively secure. In the event of a crash, I'm sure these screws will pull right out but the turnbuckles are so over engineered (they're rated to something like 10k lbs of force) I don't think the thing will go anywhere.

This setup added a great useful work place when cooking out of the back of the truck. On my most recent trip, I left my camp table at home and it worked great for just myself and one other. I'll still bring the table for family trips but this is always a great option.

Looks great. Who made the tailgate storage hatches?

Looks great. Who made the tailgate storage hatches?

Trail Tailor. You can find him on the vendors page here. Fits great, works great. You need an angle grinder with a cut off wheel to install. I also sprayed the inside of my tailgate with bedliner to prevent dings, etc...

How do you like that KISS system> I was looking for that for my 60 as well.

Also how did you mount it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom