80 Series Window Vent Experience? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Road Apple

SILVER Star
Threads
Anyone have experience with these or other rear window vents? Do they help much with let the heat out during the day and cool air in at night? What’s the construction quality? Recommended?

They look like a good way to let hot air out while keeping bugs outside while camping.

Visual Auto Werks has a 15% off sale, so I’m likely going to pull the trigger to check them out.

“These window vents for your 1990-1997 Toyota Land Cruiser 80 Series can be used in several ways. Camping to prevent insects from entering the cabin with our mesh screen insert, daily driving to eliminate wind turbulence or if you have pets in the back seat, or stand out from the others at a show.

Window Vents are made of high quality ABS plastic. Vents will come with a choice of Black, Silver, or Brass colored rivets.
(If mesh is chosen with order, filter screen cannot be removed and is permanent within the product)

The window vents are NOT permanent when installed. They easily slide into the factory window track, the window slides into a channel along the bottom of the vents for stability, and to remove you simply lower the window and angle the vent downwards and out. Installation instructions included.

Will fit the following Vehicle:
  • 1990-1997 Toyota Land Cruiser 80 Series
Price is for a pair of window vents. One for each rear door window.”

IMG_8916.png

IMG_8917.png

IMG_8918.png

IMG_8919.png

I like Chick Fil A too. See if you can find the guys reflection with the french fry box. Report back if it works or not.

One concern I would have is what happens when it rains?? I use the plastic wind/rain deflectors that attach to the top of the door/window frame area. They keep the rain out, allow air flow while driving or parked, but won't keep bugs out.

What is the purpose? I have lived in Colorado for 25 years, and slept in my truck a lot. Why not roll the window down ?

OK, that makes sense. I'd want to know the mesh size of the screen, probably need something around 20x20 mesh size to keep out mosquitoes, gnats, or even biting midges (no-see-ums). Sand flies (which can carry some bad diseases) aren't much of an issue in the US until you get into Mexico and further South but then you'll need the fine mesh plus a lot of DEET. FWIW.

I went cheap & basic for occasional use. Typically we camp on small islands via my boat, and rarely in the truck. Bought those mesh sleeves that go over the window frame & you close the door... can fully open the window and have a bug seal with tons of ventilation. The joke is mosquitos are the state bird, but no-see-ums are the real f*cker. Mesh size is debatable for the latter, but seems to do well enough for the price. Rains here enough to make Seattle look like socal, and we don't tend to go in that weather, so I'm not worried about it. I do have window visors, though. Can crack them enough for it to work, if need be. I can see the use for these, in certain situations.

I ordered a set of these as well. My truck lives outside in the sun, so I’m looking to spill some heat out the vents in the driveway and parking lots. Also to keep mosquitoes out on the trail. Will report back.

Post up details of the mod/wiring.

I went cheap & basic for occasional use. Typically we camp on small islands via my boat, and rarely in the truck. Bought those mesh sleeves that go over the window frame & you close the door... can fully open the window and have a bug seal with tons of ventilation. The joke is mosquitos are the state bird, but no-see-ums are the real f*cker. Mesh size is debatable for the latter, but seems to do well enough for the price. Rains here enough to make Seattle look like socal, and we don't tend to go in that weather, so I'm not worried about it. I do have window visors, though. Can crack them enough for it to work, if need be. I can see the use for these, in certain situations.
In my 62 I slept up north (Interior of Alaska) with all windows closed and bugs still got in through the vents.

I wasn't aware of the window screen option. On my upcoming trip the plan was to use face netting if need be. Not sure about the comfort factor going this route.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom