Anybody know how to replace a rear vent window in an 80 series? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Some absolute mother****** threw a ******* brick through my rear vent window. I took out the old window and bought the replacement - popped off the door panel but am stuck - anybody know how to get the new rear vent window back in?

Rear passenger side of a 1991 Landcruiser.

IMG_3599.jpeg

Care to share how it was done? Doesn't seem like many have had to replace it and having it documented may be helpful to the next guy in your situation.

I just pulled mine out recently to fix the lower glass retaining bracket/channel as the glass had separated from it.

Basically, what I did was as follows.

1. Pull interior panel
2. Carefully removed plastic film
3. Pull/slide window/glass rubber out
4. My window/glass was just hanging in there, so with the rubber out, I was able to pull the window/glass out through the opening
5. The vertical steel divider for the fixed piece is held in place with two bolts below the window opening in the door and a screw at the top. You need to peel back the weather stripping on top of the door to expose the screw. With the bolts and screw removed you can remove the vertical divider. Once the divider is out, you can remove the fixed glass piece.

I did find a couple mud vids on some of this, but as you said, the info is scarce.

Some pics.

DBD35D9C-0556-4B48-8AD3-6507297FAA90.jpeg

B072B0D1-CBB4-44B8-9C41-F29041BB55AC.jpeg
P

There was someone else who did this earlier in the year:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom