80 series swing out tire carrier bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

anyone else want the lugs changed come on by.

Sean, think it's time for OEM lugs on mine, can you also weld on a receiver in the middle. It will be easier for me to get the wheel/tire on the receiver then deal with lining up the bolts. Can also use the receiver to mount other various options....like my license plate. Will PM you with details.

Last edited:
can you also weld on a receiver in the middle. It will be easier for me to get the wheel/tire on the receiver then deal with lining up the bolt. Can also use the receiver to mount other various options....like my license plate.

good idea.

I would also like you to fab up the hi-lift mount we discussed. I'll give you a call one of these days soon.

Sean, looks like you are a busy man. Its cool how you welcome you customers suggestions and are willing to improve upon your designs. Remember the added plates you had to weld to mine? I do need a 2nd swing out soon. Need to make it down to SD so you can take measurements etc.
I like Kimosabe's idea of the receiver welded to the tire mount.

the bumper now has spring loaded locking pins riding on stainless steel strips, so they don't scratch the paint. the pins lock it closed and in the open position. The jack tucks in on the back of the basket, which is 21 x 14 to fit 3 jerry cans. I put a mount for a light on the top front of the basket, on the top back of the basket are tabs for a flag and a antenna. i am still playing around with the idea of a removable bolt on light weight rack for on top of the tire carrier possibly.
IMG_3143.jpg
IMG_3144.jpg
IMG_3136.jpg

I made a jerry can basket today with 1" tubing instead of the 1 1/4" i had been using. all tacked together, and ready to weld tommorow. i am thinking that this is the way to go from now on. the pic in the middle is the 1 1/4" basket, top and bottom pics are the 1"
IMG_3151.jpg
IMG_3149.jpg
IMG_3148.jpg

Looking good.. I can't wait.. Actually I can if you got anymore improved ideas.. Rather have the latest and greatest later than having it now..

i was trying to find a better spot for the high lift jack mount on the tire swingout today, and this is what i came up with. there are sleeves welded in for the bolts to go through. fits with a dual swingout setup too. and still have the jack mount on the jerry can swingout as well.
IMG_3158.jpg

That looks very similar to the picture I sent you, and how I would like you modify mine. I think the jack fit better on the other side of the tire carrier riser(i.e. with the top of the jack pointed towards center of truck). I'll see if I can post some pics.

You really need to have the bumper on a truck to work out spacing as tolerances are very tight with the jack mounted like that and it is hard to visualize.

I'm in the line!

Sean,
Please be careful! Take your time driving...crossing streets etc. etc.
We need this.
WOW Made in USA.
A great product, a great price AND make a profit.

Did I understand that you offer installs for locals???

Look forward to meeting you!

Best Regards,
Frank:beer:

Here are some pics from the mockup on my truck. Some of the tolerances are pretty tight. I had to move the tire out away from the truck about an inch so the jack would fit.

IMG_0690.jpg

IMG_0693.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Sean, your bumpers look awesome! I haven't searched the whole thread, I have a stock 1989 FJ62. can you build one for my rig and how much would it cost? You can PM me. I don't know a whole lot about welding but it looks to me like you have talent. Thanks, Chris.

those clearances for the jack are very tight this is true. believe it or not the swingarm pictured in the mockup has its 45 deg riser a few more inches away from the spindle hub which makes things a little different. with the jacks base on the inside the way I have it now it seems to be happy there. the pins that stick out on the jack are facing toward the back of the truck giving it a little more room between the swingout and the tailgate.

I like the idea of a receiver welded to the tire mount flange so I am gonna make that standard on all of the bumpers I have built.

I have shipped a few around the country and it has been between 175 and 250

I am still taking deposits on a few more for 1600 through the end of this month. free install with local pickup

Thanks for the support,

Sean
IMG_3173.jpg

Are you using the 4x4 labs spindle on both swing outs or just the tire one?

EDIT: Just re read the first page 1k spindle.

Bumper looks fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom