80 Series rig collides with Fiberglass Camper shell Idea (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

subscribed...:popcorn:

This looks like fun.... Good luck.

Chopping up that sunrader makes me cry a little bit. And I love cutting things up. That sunrader would have been badass turbo propane on 80 series axles.

Regardless good luck with the build and awesome project for sure!!!

Chopping up that sunrader makes me cry a little bit. And I love cutting things up. That sunrader would have been badass turbo propane on 80 series axles.

Regardless good luck with the build and awesome project for sure!!!

The first one (camper) was a gonner when I got it, now its just good for parts.

The other one I just got isn't getting chopped up. Its just getting removed from the outdated, bondo filled 81 Toyota truck chassis with a 22r, no reverse and 1/2 ton axles.

It'll still go on some 80 axles :cool:

I was going to ask what you were going to do with the tire carrier - then I saw your "parking lot" and figured you have a home for it somewhere.

Look forward to seeing how this goes.

Looking forward to the build, Mikesta !:grinpimp:

This is gonna be awesome. I looked at a lot of Sunraders before I settled on my Granville (has a bit more room.) Can't wait to see this finished.

Looking forward to the build, Mikesta !:grinpimp:

Thanks Alex.... Pretty stoked that this opportunity came along!

Little update - Shell is detached... Looking for some sky hooks to lift it off.

This video has a cool 70 series camper in it... I think its a 70 series.

Cool video. That was a 79 series. I think Toyota still makes those.

Pat

Going to change the project from Toyota SunCruiser to Toyota LandRaider... I think it was mentioned above. Reason - Suncruiser is an actual RV. LandRaider it is. Thanks!

Looking for another donor camper - (couldn't bring the old ones with me to Missouri). Let me know if you spot one in the midwest! I now have a 40x40 shop so I'm ready to get busy on this.

attachment.php

Perfect for a night on the beach hauling in 40# stripers. :)

I wonder how many gallons to the mile this thing gets? :( It sure looks fine though.

been a while, I had to sell everything and then moved. This is being shipped from California as we speak. We will see what happens. Place your bets folks, place your bets.

sunrader.jpg

sunrader2.jpg

sunrader3.jpg

Look what showed up today. A 1995 locked 80 and a 1986 Toyota Sunrader FG180. The PO was a drunk driver of the 80. I jumped the battery and it started right up and I and drove it around the back 40 with no issues, may need a front clip, maybe more.... Bought them both without seeing them first and while risky, it worked out well.

The sunrader came from Cali and was already gutted of its drive train and interior (bonus). Pulled a few pieces off today, hope to have the camper in the garage where it will live for the next 6 months while I plan and play.

I've also got a 1900's Tiny house themed remodel going on a 10x20 shed I have so a few fires in the iron.... This won't be a fast build.

srd4 - Copy.jpg

srd - Copy.jpg

srd1 - Copy.jpg

srd3 - Copy.jpg

Looks like a good base to start with and cut up as needed. Many of us will be watching and wishing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom