80 series rear sliding windows in a 40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone put anything similar to the 80 series back sliding windows in a 40. I want to improve the air flow in the back. I like the 75& later side windows that have the vent window, but i don't want to buy a new top just to get the vent windows. I was looking at an 80 the other day and was thinking of putting those sliders in a 40 and was wondering if anyone has done it.

There are OEM sliding windows as well. Australia had them. Currently have a set for a 60 series waiting for all the craziness to settle down before shipping.

In 1975 I put my 68 FJ40 on it's side. In 1976 found a very clean 73 hard top for cheap. Mid eighties I added vent window from a 78 FJ40 that was in a wrecking yard. Vent windows survived but both larger glass was broke. At that time the large side glass was available from Toyota for $17 each. The top was beige and cruiser was blue. Just about the same time a neighbor painted it for me as part of a Barder. Wasn't really the color I wanted but at least the paint all matched. Obviously the doors are off a later model as well. 79 doors purchased in 1983 out of a wrecking yard for $100 apiece. Roll bar, seats, transmission are all off later FJ40 too. Really is a mutt.
IMG_20190822_190135850.jpg

Looks like SOR. They used to carry them, doesn't seem like they are listed anymore.
They had them last year and i almost pulled the trigger on them but in the space of 2-3 months they went from $416 to nearly $600

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom