Wanted 80 series LC -- Near MN (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Howdy folks.

Former 4Runner owner (02, 07, 08, 16) turned GX470er (05 -- my current truck), and now looking to go the 80 series route... The trick is, they're damned near impossible to find here. And what you do find is roached out from MN winters and the salt that comes with them...

If anyone finds one localish to Minnesota, do send me a PM. I'm not looking for something showroom, or anything that'll cost me my second child -- just a solid truck that's not rotten with rust on the body and frame.

Many thanks.

Having lived in MN and Maine I'd suggest looking at trucks from TX, AZ or the south...... my new 97' is in better shaped underneath than my old 13' 200 was ...... but it came from GA and LA.

then find a mudder to check it out- lot's on CL in TX right now..... if it's in Houston or close I'm happy to go put eyes on it....

Having lived in MN and Maine I'd suggest looking at trucks from TX, AZ or the south...... my new 97' is in better shaped underneath than my old 13' 200 was ...... but it came from GA and LA.

then find a mudder to check it out- lot's on CL in TX right now..... if it's in Houston or close I'm happy to go put eyes on it....
We do get transplants here though. A few months ago I posted a truly rust free Night-shadow Pearl with lockers and a lift that sold for $7K. That was a nice truck.

The market isn't as strong here for the nice ones because most people have long since forgotten about these trucks because they all rusted away. There are deals to be had. This might be one of them at the right price.

@slow95z had piles of rust free parts for the green ones the last time I checked. That upper tailgate could be swapped out for an affordable price.

Lemme know . Contact the owner , my brother in law even lives there so he could as well . Needs undercarriage photos , as its give and take here on what county/city uses salt .

I exchanged a few emails and a call with the guy in WI. Doesn’t sound like a bad truck, but there are a few issues that need to be dealt with. Needs a whole new exhaust headers back, needs a rebuild of the locker solenoid, needs some dent repair from a jealous boyfriend, has some minor (seems really minor) rust in the wells near the fenders, has a loose flare, and some bubbling around the rear window lid. It’s probably a $2-$3k bill to get it to a good place.

I exchanged a few emails and a call with the guy in WI. Doesn’t sound like a bad truck, but there are a few issues that need to be dealt with. Needs a whole new exhaust headers back, needs a rebuild of the locker solenoid, needs some dent repair from a jealous boyfriend, has some minor (seems really minor) rust in the wells near the fenders, has a loose flare, and some bubbling around the rear window lid. It’s probably a $2-$3k bill to get it to a good place.
The starting price isn't bad at all though. Most 80s are going to need around $2K in baselining to bring them up to snuff anyway. I just thought it might be a decent platform to start with that wouldn't break the bank.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom