80 Series front Swaybar Disconnects (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LandCruiserPhil

Peter Pan Syndrome
Supporting Vendor
Threads
We have running and testing 80 series disconnects since 2004. Arguable the best bang for your buck for increasing your articulation. Your Swaybar Disconnects arrive with everything needed, using basic hand tools you are installed in under 30 minutes. Disconnect are not needed for all trails but when running high rated trails you are very happy to have the easy ability to disconnect. With the front disconnected and the rear connected we see balanced flex on the 80 series. We have found through testing you can get 100% full articulation from the rear without disconnecting.

All parts zinc coated or SS for long lasting

Made in the USA 🇺🇲

Always in stock and FREE SHIPPING

Just arrived 110 Disconnects

IMG_2864.JPG
20181206_124940.jpg
IMG_2060.jpg

swaybar ebay 1 (1).JPG

Dealership tested using a Toyota forklift:cool:

IMG_6834.jpg

Love mine! From Hole In the Rock Trail in S. Utah.

HITR LCP disconnect.JPG

Love mine! From Hole In the Rock Trail in S. Utah.

View attachment 1977099

HITR is a great trail to feel and see the results of swaybar disconnecting. The 2 other guys I did HITR with did not have disconnects for the trip and now they both do.:)

More HITR posing

IMG_7114.jpg

How long you had em? Any concerns??
Zero issues or concerns with mine. They simply work. Tremendous bang for the buck. Very easy to use. I would guess I have had mine for 2.5 years or so. Lots of wheeling trips.

Smitty

Do these effect my need to extend my front bump stops? I’m never been able to stuff my front axle like the rear

Depends on your set up. I dont run any bump stops on the front.
2.5” OME coils, but I’m running 11” shocks instead of 10” so I can utilize downtravel. I know most guys say they’re nowhere near needing extensions in the front, so I’m wondering what this does to the front geometry or if anyone has some insight on this.

2.5” OME coils, but I’m running 11” shocks instead of 10” so I can utilize downtravel. I know most guys say they’re nowhere near needing extensions in the front, so I’m wondering what this does to the front geometry or if anyone has some insight on this.

Q1: Similar question. I've never run disconnects, but been in plenty of situations where a wheel lifts. My daughter's rig doesn't have lockers and having that traction option with an open diff I would think would be beneficial. Do I need extended shocks, spring retainers, extended brakelines, or anything like that? Just running an OME Medium lift and 33's.

Q2: With lockers I guess the benefit is that the vehicle doesn't rock in an off-camber or sloped situation because your lifted wheel is no longer dangling. Traction I don't think is so much of an issue because of the lockers. Am I right?

Q3: And you're saying that the benefits of a rear swaybar disconnect are negligible, if any, because the rear already gets full articulation...what does "full articulation" mean? Limited by what?

I've always been impressed by the articulation in the 80's without any special "doo-dads". It amuses me when my Jeep friends with other 4x4 vehicles disconnect their swaybars to get the same articulation I have with a sub-thousand-dollar lift.

Usually we disconnect the front sway bar. l have seen the front sway bar mounts on the axle break at the weld when wheeling. You will get a lot better ride off road with the front sway bar disconnected. Kind of like airing down your tires.🙂

Quick question, glad to see the site is back up!
I've got swaybar drops sitting here from @Hitit66, do the disconnects work with the swaybar drops? Haven't crawled under to stare at it long enough to figure out on my own yet.
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom