80 series front shock leverage. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can anyone help with measurements to determine the leverage a stock 80 series has on it's shocks? Basically looking for measurements from the radius arm pivot point to the shock centre line and then front axle centre.

I've dyno'd a few LC80 front shocks and I need the leverage to translate that back to forces at the axle.

Thanks.

Can anyone help with measurements to determine the leverage a stock 80 series has on it's shocks? Basically looking for measurements from the radius arm pivot point to the shock centre line and then front axle centre.

I've dyno'd a few LC80 front shocks and I need the leverage to translate that back to forces at the axle.

Thanks.
Hi, I have a day scheduled this week for maintenance, if you can wait a couple of days, I’ll be glad to help.

Hi, I have a day scheduled this week for maintenance, if you can wait a couple of days, I’ll be glad to help.
That would be great, it's been a long time already.

chassis bolt to shock bolt (center to center): 27.25in
chassis bolt to axle housing (center to center-ish): 32 and 1/4 to 1/2in -ish

Thank you, that's exactly what I needed.
That gives the leverage at 0.845 (force) and the squared leverage (spring rates and damper rates) at 0.714

Which means the dampers are 1/0.714= 1.4x firmer than they would be if mounted directly on the axle/spring centres.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom