80 Series Factory Bumper Swing Out DIY Kits (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Do you know when you will be starting another batch ? Missed this order. Thanks so much.

Too early to say if and when I can do another batch.

Its the third time i miss the batch.. This time i was waiting on a message, i was thinking i followed the method that was planned.
Also didnt get the notification from the forum when the forum got hot again even tho i'm registered to it.
First come first served sometimes neglets the ones that have waited very long.
Any chance on finding a new method? This is getting really frustrating.
I'm still positive but man, ..

Its the third time i miss the batch.. This time i was waiting on a message, i was thinking i followed the method that was planned.
Also didnt get the notification from the forum when the forum got hot again even tho i'm registered to it.
First come first served sometimes neglets the ones that have waited very long.
Any chance on finding a new method? This is getting really frustrating.
I'm still positive but man, ..

I’m sorry you missed out. I can’t control what the forum does in regards to sending out notifications or not, but recommending people subscribe and opt for email updates has been the best method I’ve found to help people on mud. I can’t remember how long it’s been since I sent out messages, but it was before I tried tagging everyone in a post and that failed. I’ve tried sending out PMs individually, and in groups, only to have mud end up blocking most of them as spam. Of course there’s an issue with the time difference between messages sent so whomever is sent a pm earlier gets an earlier heads up.

I see your point about neglecting people who have waited long periods of time, but I feel like there have been plenty of ways to stay informed.

In addition to posting here several times, I also bumped the thread in the 80 series tech section. I also posted on Instagram and Facebook when the kits were started with an eta on when I would open for orders and again when I was ready to take orders.

To me this is the most fair method for everyone. If I didn’t sell them first come first served, I honestly believe the wait time would be longer than you have waited. I can’t commit/nor do I want to commit to holding onto deposits for that period of time as this is just something I do when I’m not in class or traveling/working on my own projects and my schedule is ultimately determined by graduating.

If I had any actual overhead and charged for labor, these kits would not be something I would be doing, but for now I enjoy helping out people who want the parts to install a swing out that has more of an oem look while still being extremely stout. Not to mention working in my Dad’s shop for a month straight beats sitting at some desk working a university job etc.

I really do see your frustration, and I’m sorry it just hasn't worked out yet. I’ve been trying to snag a wagongear tailgate storage lid for years now and the closest I’ve gotten to one was seeing “1 in stock” and by the time I finished entering my CC information it was gone. However, those are gone in minutes and this batch was around for a couple days.

I hope this helps clear up why I do things this way, and hopefully this provides an explanation to others who have also expressed similar frustrations.

Thanks for the reply, yes it does clear up the method and how/why you do it like this.

I'm not super often on the forum (in the summer a lot more) and thats why i went for the notification. Around christmas i'm mostly not on it and it all happened in too quick. But i sure would like to make sure i register to every possible way to get the memo.
You say you posted on facebook, is that on the mud facebook page or i should register to another?

Your design is the greatest to keep it looking original and that's what i want. I will keep try to do everything i can and hope i will catch one on your next batch, but if ever you have a leftover, a blemished/or unperfect product or a person that drops the deal, please count me in.

Thanks

I am willing to purchase the info or buy the mount. I just built my own swingout but I want to mount it like this. Please send me a PM. Your Robot check did not believe I was human.

Thanks for the interest guys! I’m stuck on the school grind so another batch isn’t doable right now.

I'd be very interested too, can you add me to the list

There’s a post several posts up where I explain why I don’t do lists. I’m not sure how/why/where people keeping seeing info about any lists. I just suggest watching this thread and opting to receive email updates.

When is your next school break so I can be sure to have funds ready?

Not 100% sure yet but usually I have a batch going by June and another in the winter

I’m an ARB dealer and ARB doesn’t have a single rear 80 series bumper in the country I just bought the last one you might want to make a batch they’ll probably all go pretty quick

Yeah class is my priority. I am finally nearing the end and need to get out of college already haha. In some of my free time I’m working on some design tweaks so that these kits will be easier to produce, and possibly even outsourced to a local fab shop so there aren’t just two batches a year. But that’s a lot to figure out and I can’t say how that will impact pricing and if that will end up working out. As always I’ll keep this thread updated.

I definitely want a kit. I have 35's on my rig. I understand the swing out will accommodate a 35" tire?
Let me know when and where to send in my deposit.
Thank you
Rich

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom