80 Series Factory Bumper Swing Out DIY Kits (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I saw one on a FZJ80 today at Yotamasters in Corona today. I need and want one of these, please let me know when I and how I can get one. Thanks Dave

I will be starting kits at the end of this semester and should have some ready in May. My semester is a lot busier and demanding than I anticipated and I will not have time until it is over.
Awesome I will take one when you get the next batch made up. Let me know when they are ready. Thanks again, Dave

Summit Cruisers swingout on my 91, 33x10.5x15, mounted inboard enough not to obscure the taillight.
I'm very pleased with how it came together.

20170228_174322.jpg

Summit Cruisers swingout on my 91, 33x10.5x15, mounted inboard enough not to obscure the taillight.
I'm very pleased with how it came together.

View attachment 1412046

Looks great! What flares are those? I can't say I've ever seen any like that.

Looks great! What flares are those? I can't say I've ever seen any like that.[/QUOTE]

Factory flares on a 1991. They're a little different than the later flares (different profile and mount holes). I might keep them. The 33's help make them look okay.

I still need to put another coat of paint on the swingout, but i'm waiting for warmer weather. Then, it's going to get a TEQ badge in the wheel center.
I'm also going to do a receiver hitch in the middle of the strike plate, similar to what you did on yours.

Looks great! What flares are those? I can't say I've ever seen any like that.

Factory flares on a 1991. They're a little different than the later flares (different profile and mount holes). I might keep them. The 33's help make them look okay.

I still need to put another coat of paint on the swingout, but i'm waiting for warmer weather. Then, it's going to get a TEQ badge in the wheel center.
I'm also going to do a receiver hitch in the middle of the strike plate, similar to what you did on yours.[/QUOTE]

Interesting... I knew the 93-97s had wider flares, but I've never seen any like yours. I have a 92 with the narrower flares, but they connect into mud flaps.

The TEQ badge will look good in the center! I still need to get another center cap on my spare wheel.

If you figure out a 100 series or 60series version I'm very interested.

After just glancing at the rear bumper on a 100, it seems like it wouldn't work very well without cutting the entire bumper into two or three sections. The bumper wing on the 80 series has to be maneuvered over the spindle and I see that being quite a challenge with an entire bumper shell from a 100 series. I haven't looked into the 60/62s but that would definitely be something I would be interested in doing someday.

The 60/62 rear bumper doesn't stick out as much as and is a lot shallower than the 80, but there may be a way to make allowances for that.

I have an OEM tire carrier shown in the picture; can you make a carrier that holds three fuel cans instead of the original tire carrier swing out?

upload_2017-3-21_17-17-29.png

I have an OEM tire carrier shown in the picture; can you make a carrier that holds three fuel cans instead of the original tire carrier swing out?

View attachment 1425226

Sorry but I am not building gas can carriers. You may want to talk to a local fabricator. I can however sell a blank arm kit that can have whatever attachments you come up with added.

Does this mean production is firing up again on these? :)

So I'm assuming these will fit a 15 inch wheel being that I saw one in a earlier post?

The stock 91-92 15" wheel with 6 lugs no problem. If it's aftermarket I may have to make an adjustment depending on back spacing to ensure a good fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom