80 series brake lines - can i buy them? or how do i proceed? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,
Brake pedal to the floor this morning. i found a leak in a line under the rusty truck. and now seem to realize that i can not just go buy new lines and throw them in. i need the long ones. 44 and 53. where do i find them? or how do i fix this if i cant but new?

Many thanks
Vince the Novice

1996 landcruiser - with abs

Screen Shot 2019-09-08 at 2.02.40 PM.png

Most hydraulic shops can make these for you. Just remove and take it in. Usually same day.

If you remove your LSPV and ABS you only need to run 1.

You'll need to buy generic (specify length) from the auto part store and bend yourself most likely. Get the brake line bender tool, it helps a lot.

Or what he said ^^

I forget where but you can also buy a large spool of the hard brake line. You can also get the flaring tools as well.

Just buy a 25' length of copper-nickel 3/16" brake tubing, bend it to shape (no need for a tool, it bends like butter by hands).
Buy a few 10x1mm flare nuts and a flaring tool (can rent one at autozone or similar). Can make the line yourself in this manner in half an hour.

Now you know how to do it when the next one rusts out, lol. :(

Thanks to all! this turned out to be fairly simple fix! Thanks forum contributors!
I have to do this repair myself. I have the factory lines, but the rust on the clamps is bad (hard to get at with tank in place). How difficult was it to drop the tank? or were you able to do it with the tank in place?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom