80 series 1HDFT diesel conversion and Expedition build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ofer-- I love your 80, but I have to ask --- Do you really have room to sleep two people on that platform you have? I am afraid that after 30 years of marriage my wife would demand more "distance" than your build provides :)

Jared
It's a twin bed - 40" wide. 42 years of marriage. We sleep on top of each other...:) She sleeps better than home. No noise. Better air. Wake up with sunrise.

I'm 6.1 185lb and she is not 'big'. I sleep with my feet between from front seats. Feet forward so she can stay in bed while I take off in the morning. I removed the plastic handle in the back hatch and replaced with a strap so my head does not hit it.

IMG_5291.JPG
IMG_5389.JPG

Looks like a repurposed computer cooling fan, they are super quiet, rigged one on a small batt from kids toy car and a solar panel, works great and is not ttied to vehicle at all.

Can you share info on the source for that air circulator/fan that's hanging above the counter? Is it 12V? How's the noise?

Appreciate it!
It's from an old MAC computer (12V). I added a DC/DC converter with a pot so I can have variable speed on it. It's on a hinge so we can do air in and air out.

Took the quarter panels of the troopy to Flagstaff so body shop can continue their work. On the way back stopped in the Moajve to work with NPS on posting signs on the edge of the park. Spent the whole day driving to the south west edge of the park through dunes and river beds to find these GPS spots. Tons of fun. On the way back managed to drive 500 miles on a tank and did not get to the reserve light yet. My guess 23-24 mpg. Carrying the boxes on the roof got 18.1 mpg.

And…. Crossed 300k miles. Car drives better then when it left Japan in 1993.

IMG_1509.JPG
IMG_1521.JPG
IMG_5495.jpg
IMG_5499.jpg

IMG_1537.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom