80 seatbelt question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cary,
Call your local PD and they will schedule a proper fitment for you. Too many folks have no idea how to safely do this and it's worth spending some time with the dudes in blue.

Good call Junk!

My wife and I did just that when we had our first...very informative.

OK, have searched and found/revived this thread to gain some additional insight.

My 7 mo old :princess: has just graduated from the carseat carrier combo, and is now riding in a Britax "Roundabout", which will take her to about 65lbs.

I sold my 4Runner this past summer because my short wife was very girly-armed.... had trouble getting up into and securing the carrier to the base, SO

I bought her my in-laws ES300 (98 w/ 61K) and that worked for awhile, but with this larger carseat I cannot put it in the middle seat or behind me when I drive that car. Nowhere near enough room from the back of the seat to fit this thing, and in a few years, it will only get worse when we get the bigger one. And cargo space is nil!

GOOD NEWS :) is that instead of lurking around Autotrader and waiting impatiently for a career change that will let me ditch my co car (don't ask what POS I got) my wife, with new mommy muscles, wants to make the switch BACK to a SUV......and of course is a new LC convert (she gets tired of my constant incoherent rambling...but it must have worked!

So the green light is a go for her (need to sell ES300), and I will possibly be looking for a 2nd Cruiser for me when/if job change comes around.

I need to know the interior measurement from the back of the front row to the second row, and if the rear of the console presents any problems......

Or should I just know that this is not an issue? Either for the mid-sized Britax or the larger one?

I have been a Toyota loyalist since 94, and last night I might have even convinced my father-in-law into buying a 100!!!! His Yukon XL belched the transmission out into a major thoroughfare last week w/ 79K and good maintenance. That truck has been in the shop 12 times in 3-4 yrs....

Rambling complete, just need to know carseat clearance won't be issue. I am 6'0" and usually slide the seat all the way back, then forward a bit.....(in the 4Runners)

Thanks for any insight

Good news.
I have a Britax Roundabout as well (and a Century something...we have 2 sets of carseats, one for each of our 80s).

When we had the Britax facing the rear, it fit in the center of the 2nd row with no problems. It will fit behind either front seat as long as the seat is not all the way back and not tilted back too much -- center is supposed to be safer any how, so this wasn't an issue for us. Facing forward (once you make that switch), you actually have more room and can place the seat anywhere in the 2nd row w/o problems.

Most people go to a booster type seat once the kid grows out of the Roundabout -- we did for our older daughter -- got britax boosters for her. So, if you go this route, you don't have to worry about getting a larger seat for your :princess:

Thank You, Doug....

NorCalDoug said:
Good news.
I have a Britax Roundabout as well (and a Century something...we have 2 sets of carseats, one for each of our 80s).

When we had the Britax facing the rear, it fit in the center of the 2nd row with no problems. It will fit behind either front seat as long as the seat is not all the way back and not tilted back too much -- center is supposed to be safer any how, so this wasn't an issue for us. Facing forward (once you make that switch), you actually have more room and can place the seat anywhere in the 2nd row w/o problems.

Most people go to a booster type seat once the kid grows out of the Roundabout -- we did for our older daughter -- got britax boosters for her. So, if you go this route, you don't have to worry about getting a larger seat for your :princess:

Car Seats

I live just outside of Indy and all of the Fire Dept and Police Dept allow you to just stop by and they will make sure you have your kids' car seats installed properly. They also will check to make sure that they aren't too old (I think it is 7 years and they need to be thrown away because the plastic becomes too brittle). Also, if you can't afford one, they will provide you with one FOC.

ditto on the beefy contruction on the Britax... I have yet to come across better protection for my 3. With my ARB, Sliders/skid plates, I was considering the OME MED, with the 3 Britax's, I am now thinking heavy:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom