7th Annual 100s in the Hills *July 26-30 2017* Silverton·CO·USA·EARTH (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Anyone know of any places you can boon dock camp in or near Pueblo?

Leaving Sunday AM from Dallas area, headed to Amarillo, then on to Bandelier National Monument in NM. Monday we will camp in Los Alamos and then on to Durango or Silverton on Tuesday.

If you see a gold LX towing a bright green Turtleback trailer, be sure to wave! If you know of anything we need to see along the way, be sure to tell me! :)

Much better road timing! Last year with the trailer it was 60 tops! 30s and 40s uphill !
IMG_7542.JPG

Anyone know of any places you can boon dock camp in or near Pueblo?

You may be better off heading west into the mountains to camp in Woodland Park (about an hour) or Buena Vista (2 hours).

Colorado may be known for its picturesque views... and then there's places like Pueblo... although if you end up staying there you must eat mexican or get a slopper (burger smothered in green chile)

We were heading towards Bishop Castle towards Rye and hoping to find a place to park for the night.

Ugh everyone's travel tales are torture! Half a week of work left :crybaby:
yeah, but you have to travel minutes compared to our hours......leaving Austin tomorrow A M. See you guys next Wed. and safe travels to all.

We were heading towards Bishop Castle towards Rye and hoping to find a place to park for the night.

Course. Not familiar enough to be helpful, but hope you found Something!

If anyone finds themselves in Colorado Springs make sure to take at least a drive (if not a hike) though Garden of the Gods. Only 15 minutes from I-25.

Leaving Sunday AM from Dallas area, headed to Amarillo, then on to Bandelier National Monument in NM. Monday we will camp in Los Alamos and then on to Durango or Silverton on Tuesday.

If you see a gold LX towing a bright green Turtleback trailer, be sure to wave! If you know of anything we need to see along the way, be sure to tell me! :)
The Bandelier campground is pretty nice and you can base camp there without having to move to Los Alamos. I've done it. They are very close.

You may be better off heading west into the mountains to camp in Woodland Park (about an hour) or Buena Vista (2 hours).

Colorado may be known for its picturesque views... and then there's places like Pueblo... although if you end up staying there you must eat mexican or get a slopper (burger smothered in green chile)
Just make sure to ask them if it's Hatch green chile (Hee hee).

If anyone from Phoenix-ish area is heading up Wednesday morning I'd be cool to caravan, or not, let me know!

Edit: I'd also be down with leaving Tuesday evening and heading up to a nice camp spot I know along the way that requires airing down

IMG_1945.JPG
Cleaning and packing today!

Got my solar panel installed, that was the last item on the list.
IMG_4745.JPG

And then hit my favorite brewery for a couple pops to share, hope you guys like IPA! See everyone in a few days.

IMG_4747.JPG

If anyone is passing through Albuquerque on Wed morning, that's when I'm heading up and I'd be interested in meeting /driving together. The only caveat is that I will be towing my popup camper so I will be cruising probably about 65 on the flat spots and much slower on the hills. And just for a time reference, it's about a 5 hour drive if you don't stop to eat, pee or take pictures.

If anyone needs a mini air compressor I have a new in box ARB CKSA12 that I have up for sale $125 delivered to HIH. It's the mini one you use for lockers.

Full day of planning and packing today. Taking off tomorrow early AM to Marble, CO along the Crystal River. Down to Ouray Monday early. Haven't finalized decision on a camp spot around there.

So stoked to get back down there and hang with everybody!

If anyone needs a mini air compressor I have a new in box ARB CKSA12 that I have up for sale $125 delivered to HIH. It's the mini one you use for lockers.

Full day of planning and packing today. Taking off tomorrow early AM to Marble, CO along the Crystal River. Down to Ouray Monday early. Haven't finalized decision on a camp spot around there.

Thx

Interested

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom