7th Annual 100s in the Hills *July 26-30 2017* Silverton·CO·USA·EARTH (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just booked my spot at 4J+1+1 for the night of the 25th. Anyone else planning to be there? We can pregame and finish our rigs before the main event.

My 11 yr old and I will be staying there on the 25th as well. Probably getting in late after 10 hours on the road (starting that day somewhere in Kansas). Looking forward to the hot springs! No idea what site we're in, but look for the Black Hundy w MA tags.

We just booked our spot. We'll see you guys there!

Any particular CB channel everybody will be running enroute. Just incase you see a HIH participate on the road to Silverton.

Any particular CB channel everybody will be running enroute. Just incase you see a HIH participate on the road to Silverton.
When my local Cruiser club has outings, we use channel 40 to honor the heritage of the FJ40. It doesn't seem to get much traffic on it.

I'm finalizing my rig and starting to pack for this epic adventure. Still much to do before our Saturday departure. One area I have not focused on is recovery gear - I have none. Is there a list of essentials that I need to purchase at the last minute?

I'm finalizing my rig and starting to pack for this epic adventure. Still much to do before our Saturday departure. One area I have not focused on is recovery gear - I have none. Is there a list of essentials that I need to purchase at the last minute?

The only thing you really need is solid recovery points. There is still a fair amount of snow up high so there's always a chance for things to get sloppy.

Recovery points are required on Poughkeepsie Gulch just in case we need to strap or winch you over, off of, or out of something.

I got my CB installed, took my truck to the middle of big field, tuned my antenna to right around 1.5 SWR....and I am not picking anything up! Hopefully it'll work when we get there!

I got my CB installed, took my truck to the middle of big field, tuned my antenna to right around 1.5 SWR....and I am not picking anything up! Hopefully it'll work when we get there!

Everyone is also required to have a working CB. Please ensure you can communicate on the trail. We have a lot of vehicles this year and it's difficult for trail leaders or trail participants to communicate info when half of the group is without a CB.

We understand that things happen along the way or something goes wrong with your electrical along the trail, but please have a working CB prior to Wednesday morning.

This is double required for trail leaders. You will not be able to lead without a proper way to communicate with your group. Please let Chris and I know right away if you are a trail leader and you're having radio trouble.

There is absolutely zero CB traffic here in Kansas so it always concerns me when I hear nothing but silence on the other end, especially after a new install. If you hit a SWR reading of 1.5 your radio should be good for trail duty. I'll be around the Silverton area Monday and would be glad to help you make sure your radio works before Wednesday.

There is absolutely zero CB traffic here in Kansas so it always concerns me when I hear nothing but silence on the other end, especially after a new install. If you hit a SWR reading of 1.5 your radio should be good for trail duty. I'll be around the Silverton area Monday and would be glad to help you make sure your radio works before Wednesday.

Yeah, we have to drive I-40 East, so there will be plenty of road to try to pick up some radio traffic. I hope we pick something up. I can't keep the antenna mounted and park in my drive way. Plus I have no idea what channels to listen to around my area even after Googling.

Yeah, we have to drive I-40 East, so there will be plenty of road to try to pick up some radio traffic. I hope we pick something up. I can't keep the antenna mounted and park in my drive way. Plus I have no idea what channels to listen to around my area even after Googling.
Drive somewhere that tractor trailers are parked or driving and tune to channel 19. Don't have your kids in the car with you.

We were hoping to find a Whole Foods on the way out of town to stock up for the next few days.

I'll have to look at the map again when I'm in front of computer but I think there is one on the south west edge of town so it would be on our way out of town could be a good meeting / launching point.
Yep. Right off of I-70 and Denver West Blvd.

Google Maps Whole Foods Market
14357 W Colfax Ave, Golden, CO 80401
(303) 277-1339

I'll be taking 40 as well out of OKC. When will you be passing through?

I'll be taking 40 as well out of OKC. When will you be passing through?
We are leaving Saturday morning, stopping in Amarillo fro the night. Sunday we will push all the way to Durango and stay there until WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY!!!!!!!

Drive somewhere that tractor trailers are parked or driving and tune to channel 19. Don't have your kids in the car with you.
In my google-fu, I learned that channel 19 might not be a good one for the family.

You know, we aren't even there yet, but I know this event will be everything it is hyped up to be. I was there when we were on the side of the highway with bucket and blind if you needed to go number 2. Now it's grown into this huge event! It still doesn't seem like it's too big either. It may be me being excited/exhausted/nervous about getting ready and being there, but I have a really good feeling about this year. I think it will be everything that everybody wants out of it.

TL;DR
I'M SUPER EXCITED!!!!

Sounds like fun! Hope I can join in next year.

We just booked our spot. We'll see you guys there!

Perfect. We're in a gold/tan LX with Tundra steelies pulling a 19' travel trailer. Stop by for a beer or Diet Coke. I have my 3 and 11 year old with me.

Just made it up Donner Pass through the Sierra Nevada. Slow going and very thirsty for fuel so far. Put in a set of Airlift 1000 bags this AM as the AHC couldn't hang with the tongue weight.

Last minute slider install with basic handtools and no floor jacks. The fan didn't help a lot with the 95 degree heat and 70% humidity, but everything is loaded up and heading out today!

IMG_20170719_184213581.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom