79 in Norcal to look at for some guidance in resto (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What im looking for is a very stock 79 era truck to look at and take some pix of wiring, heater/dash, hoses, firewall, etc. etc. The manuals I have found are just not comprehensive enough for me and I come up with more unanswered questions more often than not. Any help would be greatly appreciated- in the Bay Area, Sacramento to Redding corridor. Will travel further if I can make an overnight trip of it.

In short, Dad took the 79' (40) apart for a frame up resto about 12 years ago and now body etc. is done, its time to re-build. Unfortunately Dad's got health issues and his mind is just not there. It was my DD 20 years ago but I didn't take it apart and there are sooo many parts (nuts and bolts:bang:, oh man the nuts and bolts). I now have the very overwhelming project and am trying to put the pieces back together (Dad too).

IMG_0678.JPG
IMG_0560.JPG

Last edited:
I am up in Lincoln and probably have one of the most complete 79 fj40. It’s also an California smog truck and passed every year since new. I have lots of pictures of it. Only issue is I stripped down some of the engine bay last week to fix some leaks and clean up. Should be back together in a few weeks. Also have access to 80 that is almost the exact same minus a few changes. Oh my truck has vintage air so that might not help you.

awesome, I'll PM u

Same offer from Redding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom