Wanted 79+ Fj40 Front Axle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have one but it's rough.

how does one identify an axle that is 79+ if it's not currently on the vehicle?
Also what is the advantage of 79+

BUMP!

how does one identify an axle that is 79+ if it's not currently on the vehicle?
Also what is the advantage of 79+

BUMP!
I think the 79+ axle knuckles have a larger stud for the steering arm mounts, and I think they may also have wider spread on those studs to spread the force out across a wider area, but I may be off on the stud separation.

I think the 79+ axle knuckles have a larger stud for the steering arm mounts, and I think they may also have wider spread on those studs to spread the force out across a wider area, but I may be off on the stud separation.
Correct - steering arm allows for Fj40 tie rods but uses the larger stud pattern used on 60/70s.
I have one but it's rough.
Hmmm rusty rough or what?

Colombia rough. Not rusty though.

Also just a FYI, Cruiser Outfitters sells a $10 shim to fit the 40 TRE in a 60 steering arm if you want to just get 60 stuff.

Correct - steering arm allows for Fj40 tie rods but uses the larger stud pattern used on 60/70s.

all knuckles from 79 up use the large pattern, 40, 45, 55, 60, 62, mini truck, and 1 year 4 runner, mini truck and 4 runner are only up to 1985.

Also just a FYI, Cruiser Outfitters sells a $10 shim to fit the 40 TRE in a 60 steering arm if you want to just get 60 stuff.

I've used the Borg Warner starter bushing from Napa, quite abit cheaper than $10 a piece

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom