For Sale 78' FJ40 - Clean with V8 conversion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

78' FJ40 - Clean with V8 conversion - Now only $12,000!

I have a 78 FJ40 that I am selling due to job security concerns. She is a V8 conversion with electric fuel pump but is very clean, straight, and rust free outside of that. There are a couple after market gages (temp, pressure, RPM). She has the jump seats. Also have lock boxes that can go in place of either, none, or both jump seats. Marine grade radio in glove box. Only negatives I can think of are ugly headliner area (which I'm told is an under $200 headliner fix), and some steering slop. Gas tank looks new. Odo says 65k but not sure if there is a 1 in front of that or not as I don't have vehicle history back that far. Looking at the vehicle I would think not. She is more of a mustard/brownish yellow but the pictures do make it look more of a bright yellow for some reason.

I had asked for pricing info previously and here is the thread which has more pictures and some more info:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/40-55-series-tech/469359-fj40-pricing.html

I had not been a long time cruiser head so don't beat me up if I left something important out, just ask :)!

I'm looking to get $12,000

Last edited:
Throw it on eBay, and you'll have no issues getting that. I checked out your other pics, and other than that headliner issue, it looked real nice. Good luck! :cheers:

Thanks JMDaniel! I guess while it simmers here I'll try to educate myself on how to sell it on ebay in case I have no takers here. I've enjoyed owning her but when the boss makes grumblings of selling the company to another and having the employees potentially have to re-interview, I unfortunately need to be proactive and try to sell her.

Thanks JMDaniel! I guess while it simmers here I'll try to educate myself on how to sell it on ebay in case I have no takers here. I've enjoyed owning her but when the boss makes grumblings of selling the company to another and having the employees potentially have to re-interview, I unfortunately need to be proactive and try to sell her.

Like a lot of folks have told you already, you can probably pull bigger $ over on eBay. The populace is a bit less informed over there, shall we say, although perhaps a bit snakier. If you do throw it on eBay, make sure you throw o the requirements for getting paid, what it will take to release the title, whether or not you'll take bids from folks with no or low feedback, blah, blah, blah.... Just take a look at how others are posted, you'll get the idea.

Toyota Land Cruiser | eBay

I bought mine on eBay, and it was a pretty nice transaction, for both sides.

I am currently under contract with a house, but once everything is taken care of, if you still have this, I will make a cash offer that will be damn close to your asking price. If you can hold this for a month, that would be awesome.

Here are a few more pictures I took this past weekend.....

Last edited:
Last set...

I still have not put the passenger seat back in yet but she will go back in once I paint the covers for the fuel tank vent and filler and get it installed...

Still may have to get that headliner. With the rest of the cruiser looking that good it is a shame to have that look bad (even though it is just glue residue).....

Last edited:
Bump for a sweet 40. Only if I had the $$$. Great job on her, good luck with the sale!

PM'd you.

great looking truck..and bump for a local. i'd love to come check this out, unfortunately don't know if I could find a way to take it off your hands right now!

In the last picture what is the pipe sticking out? (below the wire to the alternator)

Looks sweet...is it sold yet??????

Rob M
Norwich, VT

Rob,

I am emailing so many people off and on I'm having a hard time keeping it all straight, but as of yet it is not sold or committed to anyone.

I have seen the pipe while doing things under the hood but never payed attention any further. I'll have to look closer tonight. Looks like it is on the exhaust manifold but I would have to say it does not go through as that would be one loud Bit@h if it did! I'll look this evening and post.

Thanks!
Phil

Phil,

Nice fj. I was just wondering if you could post some more details on the specs on this fj. Including the information you have emailed or pm'd some others so you don't have to keep repeating yourself.

Couple items 4 speed, heaters, frame condition, original paint, any restoration work?

Would you ship?

Thanks,
Jamie
North Bay, Ontario

Rob,

I am emailing so many people off and on I'm having a hard time keeping it all straight, but as of yet it is not sold or committed to anyone.

I have seen the pipe while doing things under the hood but never payed attention any further. I'll have to look closer tonight. Looks like it is on the exhaust manifold but I would have to say it does not go through as that would be one loud Bit@h if it did! I'll look this evening and post.

Thanks!
Phil

Mount for
"on the road" cooking set up???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom