77 Series (HZJ77) Overland Build - New Zealand (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Outside a mates shed, prior to roof rack installation.....she just looked too good not to take photos of :cool:

Photo 8-10-20, 4 39 55 PM.jpg

Photo 8-10-20, 4 39 45 PM.jpg

Photo 8-10-20, 4 39 25 PM.jpg

Photo 8-10-20, 4 39 19 PM.jpg

Hi
Back for sale again on trade me. Interesting that it’s for sale often. Be good to know reason for sale(s) - it would take a lot for me to part with my 77….

Hi
Back for sale again on trade me. Interesting that it’s for sale often. Be good to know reason for sale(s) - it would take a lot for me to part with my 77….
I got hold of the original auction sheet on this one a couple years back when it was for sale on here by WildSouth, sadly, the odometer was rolled back. Still a good looking truck, but if it's getting passed around, it may have some issues...

Last edited:
I got hold of the original auction sheet on this one a couple years back when it was for sale on here by WildSouth, sadly, the odometer was rolled back. Still a good looking truck, but if it's getting passed around, it may have some issues...
Hi

I simply sold it as I got offered CRAZY money by the current owner. I miss it terribly though, so am considering buying it back.

There were absolutely no issues with it. Chris, the current owner, said he's just floated it to market to seeing how much it would fetch in current times. It's a beautiful rig, that's for sure.

Re KM's/ODO: As @theferg mentioned, there are some conflicting reports from Japan that say the ODO may have been tampered with at some point. As far as the NZ history goes, it's perfect. Imported at 90,000kms, and gradual increase since then. Who knows.... One thing is for sure, the truck was (and still is) immaculate. The seats, door cards, boot/trunk area virtually look brand new still.

Well....I've Bought Her Back. She's Coming Home

So my old rig here recently popped up for sale, after the current owner decided that four or five Land Cruisers was enough, and that one had to go to make way for a new business venture. It's not often that the chance comes up to buy something you so dearly missed, so I had to jump at it. Unfortunately for me, the last year or so has seen used vehicle prices skyrocket, and these 70 Series Land Cruisers are no exception - meaning I had to pay a decent sum to buy it back (not bank-breaking, but it still hurts when that money could have gone to a nice new Kaymar rear bar or something similar...).

We are in Lockdown due to C*vid-19 here in NZ currently (we managed to get a year with no such lockdown, but things have suddenly spread once again), so I will be picking up the 77 Series once this all blows by.

In the meantime, here is a photo from last year after I installed the new flat alloy rack.

Enjoy!

Photo 8-10-20, 6 32 19 PM.jpg

Photo 8-10-20, 6 32 12 PM.jpg

Photo 8-10-20, 6 32 07 PM.jpg

Test fitting a Motop Harshell. Will see how the old turbo 1HZ handles the extra weight and drag...

Photo 16-10-20, 8 08 20 AM.jpg

Have recently fitted the following

- ARB bar
- Awning
- RTT (hardshell)

Took it away for the weekend up a valley with some friends. Thoroughly enjoyable, but definitely had to really airdown to get some comfort from those leaf springs!

pa180548.JPG

pa180585.JPG

Another weekend away! Thoroughly enjoy the old girl. The auto is so great on the open road!

IMG_8522_Original.JPG

IMG_8523_Original.JPG

IMG_8712_Original.JPG

IMG_9027_Original.JPG

My late border collie, Järvi, who passed away at just 2 years old. Heartbroken but these photos that I can look back on mean everything

IMG_7603_Original.JPG

IMG_7645_Original.JPG

IMG_8451.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom