Builds BUILD 1991 HZJ77 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all, I am the new owner for this 91 RHD JDM. I got her with only 80k miles. She already had new exhaust, fresh maint on birfs, 4" OME lift. Driving her home from the purchase, the master window switch broke, leading me to my initiation of the 24v world and sourcing unicorn parts from AUS and Japan.

1HZ mated to H55 5spd.
24volt
Manual hub conversion
Full exterior LED and dome light swapped.
Upgraded 2 lights in dash then realized I need a ton more.

Today I got my replacement ac condenser, drier, Koito headlight upgrade kit, Hella horns, and my Scheel-mann seats. The bracket from Planted does not fit the top of the suspension base. Wish I would have known that ahead of time. I will get the bracket modified.

More to come as I maintain and improve her into the overlanding beast she was born to be. I am happy and eager to discuss build or parts and innovations for the 77 series.

Thank you all for your info and dedication to this rare series of 70's.

I ordered the 1HZ Toyota turbo kit from Back40imports.

Anyone have good experience replacing the pad rubber between body and flares on rear doors/sides? Seems like mine are quite rusted out and the rubber is toast.

71345304885__DF9FE97C-D6DD-456A-BAC9-179D64E9CF63.jpeg

IMG_2858.jpeg

IMG_2153.png

IMG_2178.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks like you removed the suspension base itself from the floor. The planted brackets are indeed for a cruiser that never had the suspension bases to begin with.

I am running scheel-Mann seats mated to the suspension base. So is @sleepydad69 as well. We are using different methods to make it work.

Looks like you removed the suspension base itself from the floor. The planted brackets are indeed for a cruiser that never had the suspension bases to begin with.

I am running scheel-Mann seats mated to the suspension base. So is @sleepydad69 as well. We are using different methods to make it work.
Thank you. I will get the Planted to mate to the top of the suspension base with some mod of course. Joining the Scheel club here.

Once you go scheel-mann, it is hard to go back to oem. Looking in figuring out a way to get some into my Tacoma now because I really like them in my HZJ77.

Anyways there are plenty of well experienced HZJ77 owners here @ATL Cruiser and @sleepydad69 have really dug into theirs and made a lot of changes/improvements so they can probably answer a lot of questions.

The flares are pretty easy to remove for rubber replacement. Some attachment points between the flare and mounting bracket on the body may be secured by rivets which can easily be drilled out and replaced with what I think is the (90119-06278) M6x1.0 10mm bolt.

Once you go scheel-mann, it is hard to go back to oem. Looking in figuring out a way to get some into my Tacoma now because I really like them in my HZJ77.

Anyways there are plenty of well experienced HZJ77 owners here @ATL Cruiser and @sleepydad69 have really dug into theirs and made a lot of changes/improvements so they can probably answer a lot of questions.

The flares are pretty easy to remove for rubber replacement. Some attachment points between the flare and mounting bracket on the body may be secured by rivets which can easily be drilled out and replaced with what I think is the (90119-06278) M6x1.0 10mm bolt.
Working with @sleepydad69 I was able to obtain the brackets needed, thank you good sir. A call to Jessie at Scheel ended well with them emailing me a return label for the sliders and Planted brackets (total $640) as well as a service note on their side that this series may have the suspension base. Excellent and friendly service.

Working with @sleepydad69 I was able to obtain the brackets needed, thank you good sir. A call to Jessie at Scheel ended well with them emailing me a return label for the sliders and Planted brackets (total $640) as well as a service note on their side that this series may have the suspension base. Excellent and friendly service.

The @sleepydad69 brackets are top notch.

@CrewzerITIS when you added your new seats did you notice if they sat up any higher? I have suspension seat bases in a new to me truck and a little bit extra of height would be welcomed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom