75 Series engine swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone, this is my first post.
After years of wanting to own a beast, I finally have one. I’ve recently purchased a 1988, 75 series LWB. I want to upgrade the engine and had either diesel 1hd-fte or the petrol 2uz-fe in mind. I also plan to swap the gearbox for an auto ( sac religious I know) but necessary for me these days. I would like to know if this is a relatively straightforward process, or is it going to be a sh&tfight. ie will the thing fit in the narrow chassis. Thanks in advance

88 70 series will not have a harness for computer. So if you really want an FTE, and not the 1hd-ft, you will need a harness, computer, and engine. Not sure on the slushbox... i would assume you will need all the interior pieces to support it, is the gauge cluster different? Ive never driven/ridden in one.

Narrow nose is good until the v8 as i understand. V8 is too wide

88 70 series will not have a harness for computer. So if you really want an FTE, and not the 1hd-ft, you will need a harness, computer, and engine. Not sure on the slushbox... i would assume you will need all the interior pieces to support it, is the gauge cluster different? Ive never driven/ridden in one.

Thanks for the reply, So if I understand correctly, the 2uz would be too wide? And yes I meant the FT not the FTE, I’ve been looking at so many engine codes, I got confused.

Thanks for the reply, So if I understand correctly, the 2uz would be too wide? And yes I meant the FT not the FTE, I’ve been looking at so many engine codes, I got confused.

2UZ should fit; at least I know the 1UZ does for sure. Pretty sure I've seen a 2UZ in an early 70 series though - trying to find the picture now....

Ill have to defer the gassers to someone more in the know, I hear ya on the engine codes :)

V8 will fit in the narrow nose

2UZ should fit; at least I know the 1UZ does for sure. Pretty sure I've seen a 2UZ in an early 70 series though - trying to find the picture now....
1uz is way better for a conversion so many swaps have been done harnesses are available. Plus unlike 2UZ the 1UZ is fully forged and supercharger and hot cams are available. You can bolt the 80 series trans direct I go with the diesel torque converter on it though.

Gauges should not be a issue on the older interior but if you have the new interior Dakota digital makes a module to convert digital reading to mechanical and vise versa.

Hi everyone, this is my first post.
After years of wanting to own a beast, I finally have one. I’ve recently purchased a 1988, 75 series LWB. I want to upgrade the engine and had either diesel 1hd-fte or the petrol 2uz-fe in mind. I also plan to swap the gearbox for an auto ( sac religious I know) but necessary for me these days. I would like to know if this is a relatively straightforward process, or is it going to be a sh&tfight. ie will the thing fit in the narrow chassis. Thanks in advance
Cruiser Haven has 1hd-Fte motors very reasonably priced with autos. I think that’s why they are so reasonable because they are autos Don’t be scared of it having a ecm if it’s a auto you want it would be better to have it non mechanical

V8 will fit in the narrow nose
Can you back this up with pics or some other documentation? I have never seen a narrow nose be able to house a VD series. In fact, toyota had to also widen the axle to fit it. Would be interesting to see what a VD would look like in a narrow nose, narrow axle config

1UZ-FE/H55 into LC75

Can you back this up with pics or some other documentation? I have never seen a narrow nose be able to house a VD series. In fact, toyota had to also widen the axle to fit it. Would be interesting to see what a VD would look like in a narrow nose, narrow axle config

I think he meant the UZ series V8 not the VD series V8 ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom